Operating across the globe including Europe, Australia, North America and Canada, we’re passionate about being the best and pride ourselves on the unique and diverse range of holiday experiences we offer our customers. Our combined businesses are the world’s largest provider of specialist and experiential travel with a range of unique experiences, from private jets, polar expeditions, sailing, ski holidays and more.
Gullivers Sports Travel is a leading sports travel provider based in the UK. The main product offering is focused on Rugby, Cricket, Motorsport & Football.
The IT & Systems Technician role has a focus on support and providing an escalation point for support tickets raised. You will be expected to take ownership and resolve onsite support issues whilst delivering against the business SLAs. You’ll also be responsible for setting up new users onsite, including preparing AD accounts, imaging laptops/desktops, deploying mobile devices and ensuring IT documentation is completed.
What you will be doing
Objectives and responsibilities include the following:
- Be the first point of contact for all 1st/2nd and some 3rd line IT queries/issues.
- To support management of all aspects of the company’s networks, servers, email and security systems providing an efficient IT environment for staff supported by and in conjunction with the Head of IT and 3rd party suppliers.
- Act as the "face of IT" for the users in our Tewkesbury office, ensuring ownership of IT Incidents and changes, and effective communication of everything relating to logged IT issues.
- Assist with controlled upgrades / fixes to the I.T. Infrastructure including selling systems, CRM, telephone logging and other key performance tools.
- Assist Senior Product & Systems Executive with reservation system support to end users
- Assist with IT and Web projects to help ensure they are delivered within deadlines and budget
- Minor changes/bug fixes to any reports from the data warehouse
- Management of IT Support Ticket Queue to ensure that IT tickets are dealt with against the appropriate SLA.
- Process IT equipment orders ensuring asset registers/IT Inventory are kept up to date.
- To maintain Operational and User procedures
- Train other users on how to use the companies’ systems including selling systems and reservation systems, as well as general IT usage training
- Regularly review system logs, (including antivirus logs, firewall logs) to check for any anomalies and data breaches
- Testing of any new website developments or system upgrades
- Ensure all changes are tracked and logged with revision control and are well documented.
- Deliver a regular maintenance and monitoring program for the companies’ IT systems
- Deliver appropriate "house-keeping" supported by the Head of IT and Systems and in conjunction with 3rd party suppliers
- Support installation of new hardware and software as required
What we are looking for
We are looking for a confident and logical individual with a desire to learn new skills and systems. You will be directly supporting the local user base and so good interpersonal skills are a must.
- Excellent logical ability to diagnose and resolve faults/problems
- Wide understanding of operating system, networking, email, office, software, hardware and communications technologies.
- Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Windows 2008, 2012 servers/ infrastructures & Group Policy.
- Office 365 - Exchange Online & SharePoint.
- Remote Desktop Services.
- MS SQL 2008
- WatchGuard Firewalls
- Cisco Switches
- Backups (Veeam/Volume Shadow Copies)
- Telephony (Asterisk)
- Ability and willingness to learn and understand new technologies
- Excellent customer facing skills with the ability to communicate with staff at different levels.
- Ability to work on multiple in-depth technical problems at any one time
- Linux OS experience (desirable)
- PHP experience (desirable)
- SQL/DBA skills (desirable)
- Out of hours’ work may be required.
Working with us
Join us and in return you'll be rewarded with:
- Competitive salary
- Various employee discounts and offers
- Childcare vouchers & cycle to work scheme
- Contributory Pension scheme
- Career progression opportunities
Please note that for all benefits, details were accurate as at the date of publication. Any changes will be notified to you upon your start with the Company.
How to apply
Please click on the link below, the application process consists of answering a few questions and uploading your CV:
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job