Newcastle Systems Management Ltd (NSML) is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Newcastle Building Society (NBS) group. NSML is the premier provider of outsourced internet savings systems within the UK with £20+ billion of assets under management across our client base of which many are significant national and international household names within the financial and automotive sector. We pride ourselves on our investment and track record in innovative technology solutions and professional ICT delivery approach.
The parent company, NBS is the biggest building society in the North East with more branches than any other society in the region, eighth largest in the UK and assets in excess of £3.4 billion.
NSML support a number of business critical web based and mobile transactional applications allied to robust back-office platforms. Transformational activities are inflight to embed Agile and DevOps principles appropriately across our teams and ITIL methodologies used to govern the environment. We are looking for dynamic individuals who can bring their passion, drive and experience to NSML to help us leverage the current advances in ICT delivery approaches, tools and techniques for business advantage.Role Summary
The IT Systems team are responsible for evaluating new and emerging technologies, delivering technical projects/solutions and maintaining server and application stacks supporting the NSML client base . The in-house developed systems are sophisticated, robust and secure platforms that are supported operationally on a 24/7 basis to meet demanding client driven SLAs.
Skills and Experience
We have a significant number of exciting and challenging ICT projects to deliver this year and we are looking for a talented and driven individual to join and make a real difference to the IT Systems team.
• The successful applicant will be an effective communicator who can dynamically manage their own workload with strong analytical/problem solving skills.
• A proven track record of working effectively in a dynamic and collaborative enterprise ICT department, supporting mission critical application stacks and delivering project driven tasks to demanding timescales is essential.
• Candidates should also possess skills in a cross section of the following areas and ideally have experience of managing and supporting 24/7 web based services in both B2B and B2C environments:
The successful candidate will have experience of;
• VMware vSphere, Windows Server OS, VDI implementation, administration and application assessment
• PowerShell scripting, automation and Infrastructure as Code
• Web hosting technologies including IIS, SSL and load balancing
• SQL Server administration, SSIS and SSRS
• Nessus and system security/hardening skills
• Microsoft System Centre (SCCM & SCOM)
• Exchange and email security technologies such as DLP and TTP
Salary depending on experience.
- Systems Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job