We are currently working with a local business who requires an experienced IT Systems Administrator to join their well established and successful business. Ideal commute from Chesterfield, Matlock, Belper, Ashbourne, Leek, Buxton and Bakewell.
A design, manufacture, test and service engineering business working closely with specific markets operating in both the UK and rest of the world its customer base includes working with Rail, Telecoms, Aviation, Defence & Security, Construction, Oil, Gas and Water industries.
The Role & Individual
This is a full-time permanent position based in the Derbyshire Dales, the individual must be an enthusiastic and self-motivated IT Systems Administrator. The successful applicant will join a close knit team to support our whole IT system and provide day-to-day on-site assistance.
The position would suit a recently qualified individual who is looking to get into the overall covering of IT support.
You will be required to have
- Good knowledge of Microsoft networking and experience in the maintenance of IT backup systems and servers is required.
- Strong SQL knowledge as well as the setting up and understanding of networks and experience of databases.
- Be enthusiastic and eager to learn individual who is capable of interrogating databases and troubleshooting a range of operating systems.
- Good knowledge of routine maintenance of IT back up system and servers.
- Day to day support of users, hardware, software and other technical issues as well as end user education/training.
- Administration of Windows Server and Windows Desktop
- Active Directory & Group Policy
- Application Troubleshooting
- Application Support Case Management
- Hardware Warranty & Case Management
- Office 365 Administration
- Hyper-V or VMWare
Network TCP/IP, NAT, Firewall, Managed Switche
- Telecoms (PBX) Administratio
- Veeam Virtual/Backup Maintenance
- End-user Support
Skills & Experience
- This position will require the knowledge to provide first and second line support to users, as well as the ability to troubleshoot network based issues. Being able to maintain a Microsoft network environment and related technologies is a vital attribute of the system administrator.
- The system administrator will work within a small team, and will be responsible for the maintenance and configuration of servers, workstations and the network infrastructure across a range of applications. The team must also ensure that the IT goals set down are achieved within the deadlines set.
- You will need to have experience of supporting Server / PC Hardware and peripherals, Microsoft Server / PC Operating Systems, Active Directory, networks, structured cabling, Microsoft SQL, Microsoft Exchange / Outlook, security and anti-virus measures.
- Experience of a wide range of infrastructure elements over a networked Windows environment.
- A university bachelor degree in computer science or computer engineering with a minimum level of 2nd Class honours (equivalent to a 2:1) or equivalent experience
- Good understanding and knowledge of networking protocols: OSI protocol suite, TCP/IP, HTTP/s, SMB, SFTP, SSH, SSL, TLS, ICMP, ARP and Telnet and Remote Desktop protocols.
- Good knowledge and experience in using network protocol analysis tools, such as: Spiceworks, PRTG, Wireshark, and NAST.
- Practical experience with network security devices/systems, e.g. firewalls, IDS, IPS and SIEM is desirable but not essential.
- Good knowledge and experience with server and endpoint operating systems
A competitive salary of £20k - £27k pa for this role subject to experience and qualifications.
If you are interested in the above opportunity then please contact us in the strictest confidence quoting the job reference/title
Peak Job Solutions is a division of Ultim8 Ltd specialising in assisting Derbyshire Dales, Peak District and surrounding area businesses with their recruitment requirements to source local talented staff across all levels within the Derbyshire Dales & Peak District and surrounding area.
- Network Infrastructure
- Database Systems
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Office 365
- 1ST & 2ND Line Support