IT Systems Support Officer
Up to £25,000 + Excellent benefits
Your new company
My client is a large Public Sector organisation based in Scarborough and is looking for an experienced IT Systems Support Officer to join their team.
Your new role
As an IT Systems Support Officer you will line in to the IT Manager and provide system administration for my client's organisation management system and all other software applications to ensure users receive an efficient and effective service.
You will define programs and user access controls, password management, setting up and maintaining systems codes and parameters. You will also ensure on-going availability, security and efficiency of corporate systems by providing 2nd & 3rd line support.
What you'll need to succeed
As the IT Systems Support Officer you will have the ability to implement, develop, evaluate and support the organisations software, systems and databases ensuring successful delivery of corporate objectives
You will have the ability to work with Project Leads/Managers & Senior IT Systems Managers to organise testing of new software releases & upgrades ensuring minimum disruption to users.
You will have demonstrable experience in:
- Database management & maintenance in Microsoft SQL server environments
- Creating & maintaining SQL scripts (extract, convert & input data)
- 2nd & 3rd Line support
- Specialist technical knowledge, skills and experience relevant to the post.
- Working towards or already hold a professional IT qualification.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (both written and verbal).
- Working under pressure & prioritising work-loads.
- Positive flexible approach to the post, and an ability and willingness to work outside of normal office hours on occasions.
What you will get in return
In return you will receive a generous salary of up to £25,000 plus an excellent holiday allowance and many other benefits
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career or refer a friend and receive up to £500 in vouchers