Our client, one of the North East’s largest financial organisations are looking to recruit a Systems Specialist to join their head office in Newcastle upon Tyne.
The ideal candidate will join a technical team of professionals who are responsible for server and application estate and provide technical solutions and strategies. Additionally they are involved in operational and departmental projects and provide third line system support.
Responsibilities will include:
- To provide third line support for allocated systems ensuring OLA’s and SLA’s are met.
- To be Subject Matter Expert on allocated systems ensuring appropriate configuration and documentation are maintained.
- To assess and implement new systems and solutions to provide enhanced levels of functionality and availability to the business.
- To contribute towards defining IT strategies and initiatives and recognise areas of risk.
- To maintain and develop knowledge of advancements in technology to enable the Group to remain at the forefront of technology.
- To ensure all allocated systems are appropriately configured, compliant and licensed.
- To ensure all systems are installed and configured in line with security best practises and fully security patched.
- To ensure all systems are configured to comply with the Group’s security policies.
- To assess and implement new systems and solutions to provide enhanced levels of security to the business.
- To produce management information and reporting relating to systems, services and projects to feed into quarterly governance.
Skills in the following areas are required/preferable:
• VMware vSphere, Windows Server OS, VDI implementation, administration and application assessment
• PowerShell scripting, automation and Infrastructure as Code
• Web hosting technologies including IIS, SSL and load balancing
• SQL Server administration, SSIS and SSRS
• Nessus and system security/hardening skills
• Microsoft System Centre (SCCM & SCOM)
• Exchange and email security technologies such as DLP and TTP
Due to the high volume of candidates responding to our adverts we are not always able to provide feedback on your application. If you don't hear from us within the next five days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. However, your details will be kept on file and you may be contacted about other opportunities. In the meantime, please keep checking for suitable vacancies or download the free NRG iPhone App from the App store for up to date searches.