My client is an award winning client wealth and investment management service provider. They have come to me with an urgent requirement for a hands on IT Systems Manager to join them at their brand new modern offices in Central London. Financial industry experience is a must!
Overview of the role:
The IT Systems Manager is responsible for the smooth running of all the company’s IT systems. He also supervises all regular technical and administrative IT tasks, assisting the more junior Systems Engineer when required, and he is responsible for managing, training and supervising all the activities of the Systems Engineer.
Prior financial services experience is essential, because of how important knowledge of the various regulations are.
- Management of staff within the IT systems team (including involvement in recruitment and HR issues when required)
- Proactively contribute to strategic, operational and/or tactical challenges within the firm.
- To ensure all IT infrastructure risks to the firm are identified, reported and managed.
- Ensure appropriate cyber security systems and policies are in place and ensuring appropriate monitoring and configuration of these systems.
- Regularly review and recommend security enhancements to systems and processes.
- Business systems analysis, infrastructure planning, and project management.
- Ensuring that IT systems are running smoothly and taking proactive measures to ensure continuity and quality of service is maintained at all times.
- Keeping up to date with relevant regulations and implementing data protection measures.
- Monitoring activity on IT systems to identify and investigate potential breaches of internal policies.
- Ensuring appropriate documentation is created and maintained for all IT systems and related processes
- Ensuring appropriate backup and resilience measures are in place and monitoring their effectiveness.
- Ensuring that at all times the company has a working DR site, with the most recent data available, as per the firm’s Business Continuity Plan
- Providing system support for internal employees
- Being the first point of contact for all data protection enquiries.
Technical Requirements Overview:
Configuration, administration and troubleshooting of
- Windows Server (2008-2016) - Active Directory/Group Policy/DNS/DHCP/IIS
- Microsoft Exchange 2010
- MySQL (or other SQL) database
- Microsoft Hyper-V
- Server hardware and infrastructure
- Networking hardware and infrastructure
- PBX systems
- Information security systems including antivirus, IDS, email gateway security and systems monitoring tools
- Managing and developing staff
- Project management
- Experience of complex systems migrations
- Knowledge of relevant FCA and data protection regulation
- Writing technical documentation, policies and procedures
- Managing and integrating 3rd party service providers
- Management reporting
- Troubleshooting and supporting users in a Windows environment
- Network Infrastructure
- Windows Server
- Systems Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job