IT Systems Engineer
Our client is looking for an experienced IT Systems Engineer to join their team. It is important that you live within 1 hour of Dover, but they can offer flexibility to work from home for some of the time.
Working within the IT department, the purpose of this role is to act as a technology leader, accountable for specific areas of technology, project delivery and IT governance, enabling the department to offer the best service possible for its customers.
- To be accountable and lead on the support, maintenance and development of one or more areas of technology or IT service, including: Information Security Management, Disaster Recovery, Business Continuity and Problem Management.
- To provide fault troubleshooting and resolution for assigned incidents within a timely manner, ensuring incidents are updated in the current IT service management tool.
- To ensure all aspects of our client’s IT services are monitored and appropriate alerting mechanisms have been setup, and to be responsible for the monitoring and coordination of the response to alerts.
- Must be able to provide out of hours support as required by business needs.
- To effectively project manage all aspects of assigned technology projects, providing design authority expertise to ensure that solutions are fit for purpose and delivered to an agreed standard.
- To investigate and recommend changes to the IT policies and processes in order to maximise their effectiveness.
- To create and maintain IT system and policy documentation.
- To create training programmes for assigned areas of technology, and to deliver these to the department.
- To use your technical experience and knowledge to make suggestions for any projects that would enhance or ensure the continued delivery of the IT services and to submit the appropriate project proposals.
- Provide assistance to more junior members of staff, taking an active role in the development of the IT Apprentice.
- Liaising and working with third-party support companies to ensure that work is delivered, or faults are rectified in a timely manner, including management and renewal of support contracts and on-site contractor management.
- To be responsible for maintaining the asset records of equipment that is purchased, moved or disposed of.
- To work closely with the wider department on projects/task groups, providing timely assistance and support as required by the Project Manager.
- To take responsibility for self-development, identify opportunities for training to keep technical skill set current and to advance knowledge in other areas of technology. To undertake technical and non-technical training as required.
- To be flexible, as required, to cover annual leave and perform maintenance and installations outside of office hours.
- Educated to GCSE or equivalent level, including Mathematics and English at grade C or above.
- Holding or training for an industry recognised certification, e.g. Microsoft or Cisco
- A levels or further education qualification, e.g. Diploma, HNC or Degree
A wide variety of technical experience in an IT Systems Administration or Network Administration role.
Must be able to demonstrate the technical competence and expertise in more than one area of technology:
- Data Network Configuration and Administration
- Server Virtualisation and Storage Area Networks
- Microsoft technologies or Citrix
Must be able to demonstrate a good awareness of customer service
- Ability to pro-actively gain expertise in additional areas is desirable
- Project Management and awareness of project budget control and forecasting
- Awareness of Health and Safety management and CDM regulations
- Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity
- Information Security Management
Specialist Skills and Knowledge
Good user skills in the Microsoft Office suite of products
Demonstrable knowledge and experience of more than one of the following areas:
- Microsoft Windows Server - installation, configuration and troubleshooting
- TCP/IP, DNS, routing and firewalling
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Administering and maintaining virtualization technologies - VMware vSphere (version 5+)
- Administering and maintaining Storage Area Networks
- Administering and maintaining Citrix XenApp and/or XenDesktop
- Administering and maintaining Switches and Route
- Experience with backup solutions
- Experience of Database Administration
- Microsoft Exchange administration
- Microsoft Office 365
- Experience administering and maintaining wireless arrays
- Experience of Microsoft SharePoint
- CCTV video management systems
- Telephony PBX or VoIP
- Mobile Device Management
Current PLG (car) licence and use of own vehicle
Able to provide on-call support 364 days of the year as part of a team and able to attend on site, within 1 hour of being requested
Able to work from ladders or working platforms, over water and in confined spaces
Work additional hours on occasions
IPAF ticket or equivalent
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'