IT Systems Engineer - Banking Client - Brussels 3 months
IT Systems Engineer - Banking Client - Windows, Unix and Linux, ITIL, Tivoli Splunk - Brussels
Rate: €500 - €600 per day
Length: 3 months
Please ONLY apply is you are able to be based in Brussels for the duration of the project.
IT System Engineer, you will join the Enterprise System Management team
The team is composed of very highly technically skilled engineers in charge of the products infrastructure supporting the ITIL processes such as incident & problem management, asset management, capacity management, ....
The team is also responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining the monitoring infrastructure in a very large high-availability environment (15000 agents, 500K-800K events/month, 12000 tickets/month) covering +/- 3000 servers (Windows, Linux, AIX, Solaris) spread into 3 data centers across Europe and provide automatic and real-time alerting to support teams. It also includes monitoring of several IBM mainframes, links with network monitoring tools, performance and capacity monitoring system and HP Nonstop servers. These solutions are then critical for business and support teams.
Your part of the deal:
The IT Systems Engineer you will gradually participate for the day to day activities and/or involved in projects deliveries
You will be involved in the following tasks:
- Participate on the support of our monitoring orITIL products infrastructure. All in accordance with security policies and guidelines:
- Interview a broad variety of stakeholders (e.g. network engineers, systems engineers, storage engineers, DBAs, application engineers, developers, end-users), to ascertain how best to monitor the infrastructure components and the applications which they support.
- Configure monitoring definitions and code monitoring scenario / rules according to initial end-users and technical specialist's requirements
- be involved in third-line and second-line support of those solutions and platforms; fixing technical incidents on these platforms (restoring the service) and proposing long term solutions or improvements;
- Participate in cross-functional teams to develop, design and build documents, work plantimelines to meet projecttimeframes
- Document and complete knowledge transfer to other team members
- Working with vendors to resolve problems
- Be involved in week-end work and watch-duty activities
We are looking for an IT Systems Engineer with at least 5 years of hands-on experience in designing, implementing, maintaining and managing monitoring or ITIL products in large environment (with processes and controls).
- You appreciate technical challenges always keeping in mind our customer needs and requirements;
- You are methodical, well-structured and voluntary;
- You are able to acquire quickly knowledge/expertise on new technologies and products but also keen to sharing your current ones with other team members;
- You are a team player. You strongly believe that being part of a team is a strength;
- You have good knowledge of Windows, Unix and Linux operating systems;
- You have good skills in scripting languages (PERL, Python, Shell, VBS, Java...);
- You have good knowledge (writing/speaking) in English;
Expertise in one or several of the following products (IBM Tivoli Monitoring, Splunk, IBM Netcool Omnibus, IBM Netcool Impact, ServiceNow, CA SDM/ESD, BMC ITSM, BMC ADDM, Axway BusinessBridge, IPlabel Newtest) is required.
Please do send across to me the most up to date copy of your CV to
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"