Currently working with a Newport based client who is looking for a Systems Architect to join their growing team. If you're confident, ordered, analytical and inquistive then read below!! (Relocation package available)
Software Company: OpenTV Suite, TV service providers.
The position requires both management skills and strong architectural skills. Although the scope and focus of the day to day activities will change dependent on business requirements, the following should be considered the core activities:
Direct responsibility for the ongoing architecture of the OpenTV Platform
Evangelise the adoption of appropriate technology and development strategies.
Work closely with the Customer Architecture, Engineering and Product Line Management functions.
Formulate long-term objectives and standards of performance for the department.
Promote best practice development techniques and approaches and drive adoption within and across teams.
Manage a small team (about 4 people) of highly skilled architects based in Wales and Switzerland.
Requirements / Profile
- Advanced university degree in technology / computer science or equivalent
- Proven history of cloud native architecture, development and deployment
- Experience leading a team of architects or principle engineers
- Galvanise and influence a multi-functional team in an international environment.
- A manager with excellent communication skills including the ability to interact easily with senior management and key stakeholders.
- Good understanding of DevOps best practices and Continuous Delivery
- Significant experience with Agile, Scrum or other rapid application development methodologies.
- Ability to manage, coach, train and motivate staff in both technical and leadership development. Effective goal setting and career - - management of team members.
Excellent verbal and written communication in English.
- Experience with OTT and IPTV streaming-over-the-internet technologies
- Experience with modern design strategies, for example Reactive Functional design
- Experience with Big Data, Fast Data, SMACK
- Ability to clearly understand, articulate, evangelise and adapt new concepts which are becoming the standard of the software industry.
- Pro-active, fresh, enthusiastic attitude to work with a ‘can-do’ approach to challenges and problem solving.
- Confident, ordered, analytical and inquisitive.
If interested in more information on company, position and package. Email or call Jordan Biddle on .