IT Systems Administrator
IT Systems Administrator
What do we do?
Gilmond provides IT systems and services to the energy retail sector which have been specifically developed in house with a single point of data entry, sophisticated workflow management and automated industry interaction.
The IT Systems Administrator within the team will aim to provide highly skilled technical support across our core systems to ensure business impacting issues are kept to a minimum whilst delivering an excellent client and customer experience.
What will your responsibilities be?
- Help build trust and confidence to change client perception and be perceived as a leading SaaS provider
- Manager proactive health checks of systems
- Manage the priority and delivery of active client work daily using the ITSM/CMDB platform
- Identify and diagnose issues quickly to apply fixes or workarounds, minimising business impact
- Manage installation, configuration and updates of hardware, software, firmware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage and applications
- Install, configure and administer Windows and Linux systems
- Recover from and repair failures due to hardware malfunctions or software crashes
- Assist in renewing licenses for software and hardware
- Ensure that all the systems and databases and backed up as requested
- Obtain quotes and purchase computers, servers, network, peripheral equipment and other software
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures
- Provide printer management support
- Assist with new starters and leavers
- Interface and feedback to client stakeholders regarding active work where needed
- Work with the Team Lead and wider team on service improvements and new capabilities
- Proactively contribute knowledge and expertise to Gilmond support teams to enhance the client and customer experience
Sun, sea and code!
Join the team!
Which personal qualities are we looking for?
- A passion to deliver and maintain excellence in customer service
- Good mentoring and training skills
- Analytics and data analysis skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Confident and effective communicator with the capability of bridging the gap between technology and non-IT literate individuals
- Positive and flexible 'can-do’ attitude with a willingness to go above and beyond for both teams and clients
- Quick learner
- A passion and active interest in technology
Skills we’d love you to have…
- Good knowledge of computer systems and applications
- Experience with network administration (specifications, installation, configuration, testing of equipment, components, monitor and enhance the network performance (availability, utilisation)
- Experience of supporting Windows Operating Systems and setting up desktops
- Experience of supporting Window Servers, Active Directory and MS Exchange Server
- Experience of one or more of the following is highly desirable:
- Knowledge of scripting languages, primarily PowerShell
- Installation, configuration of Cisco routers and switches
- Virtualisation environments (VMWare and Hyer0V)
- Management of cloud services (Microsoft Azure and Office 365)
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"