IT Systems Officer - Dalkeith - 3 months
IT Systems Officer required for initial 3 month contract in Dalkeith. You will provide technical support for small scale projects to upgrade or initiate improvements within Digital Services to develop, control and support the Digital Services Infrastructure. You will be part of a team responsible for ensuring a high level of customer care and support for key elements of technology. You will work closely with Service Desk Lead & Service Desk Analyst and or colleagues to review and monitor service/support desks calls and ensure proactive measures are put in place for common or recurring issues.
Task and duties will include but are not limited to -
- To provide technical support to the IT Infrastructure.
- To resolve a wide range of systems and networking problems reported by other services.
- Provide support to the servers, PCs and data communications equipment as part of a small team.
- To investigate and correct desktop software application failures or malfunctions.
- To help resolve IT issues raised by customers to the satisfaction of the customer.
- To liaise with suppliers to ensure the correct delivery of services/goods purchased by Digital Services.
- Drafting of system documentation.
- Provide ad-hoc assistance to the end user.
- Provide advice and guidance to junior technical staff.
- Liaison with suppliers of hardware, software and consultancy services and with customers in other council services up to senior management level.
Applicants MUST be educated to Higher National Certificate (HNC) in an Information Technology related discipline or provide evidence of equivalent competency to this level with previous experience.
Applicants MUST have a current PVG.
Parity - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Business when providing contract work finding services.