Our client is a successful Technology business working within Financial Crime and Compliance. Due to continued success, they are looking to expand their Technology and Data teams with ambitious, inquisitive and outgoing individuals who can help the business grow and continue to succeed.
Based in our clients Newcastle office, we are looking for a full-time IT Technician to help support their growing infrastructure.
Reporting to the IT Manager, the role is focused around the installation, support & management of software / operating systems, as well as the provision of support to internal customers. Requirements can change quickly though, so you will need to be enthusiastic and flexible - being able to adapt and support new technologies. System monitoring and the production of KPI reports, are all part of your daily check routine. Data security is at the heart of our business, so you will need to be a champion for best practice at all levels.
Skills and experience required
Exposure to Microsoft technologies including:
- Active Directory, Group policy, Exchange 2013, Virtualisation.
- Server 2012/2016, Windows 8.1/10 Pro, Linux.
- DNS, DHCP. * Enterprise grade security and backup systems.
- Asset management, intranet & helpdesk software.
- Degree level or equivalent in Business IT, Computer Science etc, with at least 12 months experience in a relevant role.
- Security minded, CompTIA Security+ or similar.*
- Knowledge of ITIL, ISO standards, Cyber Essentials etc.* *
- A good understanding of business and the software development processes.* *
- Training and presentation skills.*
What we offer
- An opportunity to work with cutting edge technologies for a rapidly growing and innovative company.
- A chance to be part of a close-knit team working in a dynamic challenging environment.
- Flexible working hours and a 35 hour working week.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Active Directory
- Microsoft Exchange