Role: IT Support Technician
Salary: £25,000 per annum
Our client are an award winning IT Managed Service Provider with clients nationwide.
Our client are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and highly motivated person to join their IT team.
Your primary focus is troubleshooting and resolving more complex IT issues. You will be responsible for the upkeep and monitoring of the customers systems using the RMM tool. You will have a pro-active attitude and excellent customer service skills. You will act as a point of escalation to the engineers. You will also be required to assist with dispatch and support tickets as and when required. You will be required to perform onsite work when required.
Duties within the role will include:
- Manage your own diary
- Manage tickets assigned to you
- Monitor back-ups and server health
- Report to the Operations Manager
- Monitor own SLA
- Liaise with customers
- Take inbound calls for support
- Assign tickets raised for support via email
- Attend any training necessary
- Meet KPI’s
- Support fellow technical engineers
- Ability to work on specific customer projects
You will have knowledge and experience of:
You will ideally have 1 years plus experience within the IT industry. Any experience of working for an IT/Telecoms MSP would be advantageous.
- Windows desktop repair and configuration
- Excellent knowledge of network topologies, VLANS, TCP/IP and familiar with the 7 - layer model
- Diagnosing more complex internet connectivity and be familiar with different connection types that internet connectivity can be delivered
- Excellent server knowledge, the ability to build a server, migrate data from one server to another and the ability to advise of correct hardware required
- Office 365 and other cloud-based exchange environments - the ability to configure and migrate to and from multiple mail platforms
- Hardware skills- be able to rebuild desktops/laptops and reinstall operating systems
- The ability to script and execute commands to proactively monitor customers systems to selfheal if there is a problem. Performance will be measured on issues which could have resolved by monitoring
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
You will have a full UK driving license for visits to customers sites.
Glu Recruit are an equal opportunities employer.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'