Job Title: IT Support Technician
Sector: Aerospace & Manufacturing
Salary: £19,000 - £22,000 p.a
Location: Sheffield, South Yorkshire
Contract: Full Time – Permanent
Verus Recruitment Partners are pleased to be supporting a Sheffield based Engineering business in the recruitment of an IT Technician on a full-time basis.
As my client’s IT Support Technician, you will be responsible for ensuring that the businesses IT systems and processes are running as smoothly as possible. The role will entail resolving technical issues and troubleshooting as well as network maintenance and support. Covering both software and hardware, you will need to be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where they can resolve issues and queries in a timely fashion.
Working as part of the IT team you will assist in managing:
- IT systems
- IT infrastructure improvements
- IT security
- IT equipment updates
- Any other IT related projects.
- Providing first line technical IT support including PC hardware, PC software, Network appliances and business systems.
- Resolution of support calls and logging these on the IT Helpdesk system.
- Monitoring and maintaining the ‘health’ and status of the computer systems and network equipment.
- Setting up accounts for new users including email accounts, password changes/resets.
- Setting up approved privileges to files and folders in Windows Active Directory and other business systems.
- Ensure the decommissioning of old IT hardware is carried out in accordance with all guidelines.
- Mobile device/phone support including installing applications and email access for company mobile devices.
- Provide support to users face to face.
About Your experience:
- Previous experience in providing first line technical IT support including:
- PC hardware.
- PC software.
- Network appliances.
- business systems.
- Good working knowledge of:
- Windows Active Directory.
- Windows Group Policies.
- Windows Server 2012/16.
- Windows client OS’s (7/10).
- Fundamental Networking knowledge including DNS/DHCP/TCP.IP.
- Knowledge of administering VMWare 6 ESXI servers and VCenter server.
- Administering Office 365 for Email, collaboration and office apps.
- Excellent Microsoft desktop IT skills including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Knowledge of supporting SAN Disk Arrays.
- Understanding the main hardware components for a PC and server.
What’s in it for you?
- The salary on offer is £19,000 - £22,000 dependant on your experience
- Free Parking.
- Generous holiday allowance.
- Working for a fantastic business.
- Pension matched employer/employee scheme and other benefits.
My client is looking to hold face to face interview asap.
For more information please contact our Sheffield Team on .
***Verus Recruitment Partners are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy and is an Equal Opportunities Employer***
Keywords: 1st Line Support, 2nd Line Support, IT Technician, IT Engineer, IT Support, IT Security, IT infrastructure.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'