IT Support Technician – We are delighted to be advertising on behalf of a highly regarded contractor to the Rail Industry. Currently they’re looking for an IT Support Technician to be working within the IT Department, the successful applicant will ensure that systems and networks are functioning correctly in their Colchester, Essex Office.
This is an ideal opportunity for a career-focused IT Support Technician to join their dedicated team on a permanent basis due to growth.
As an IT Support Technician in this environment, you will have solid exposure to troubleshooting a mix of IT support queries and be passionate about service delivery.
You will have an inquisitive mind and be an effective communicator with the ability to articulate complex IT issues to non-technical users.
Ideal Technical Skills to include:
- Set up new computers and users, ensuring everyone has the correct equipment to deliver their daily tasks
- Responsible for all aspects of 1st and 2nd Line desktop support
- Knowledge of Remote Desktop Services
- Experience with Microsoft operating systems, Active Directory and Exchange
- Administration of Laptops, Desktops and Tablets
- Set-up and configuration of Android & Windows Smartphones & Tablets
- Experience of solving IT and technical related problems
- Knowledge of Administering Microsoft Office 365 and Windows Server 2008 and 2012 Operating Systems and Microsoft Dynamics
- Administer company Azure services
- Maintain the company network
- Provide first class technical support to members of staff. Support staff with any IT issues
- Troubleshoot system and network problems
- Diagnose and solve hardware/software problems
Skills and Attributes Required:
- A working knowledge of LAN and WAN technologies (TCP/IP, Routers, Switches, VPN etc)
- Knowledge of Administering Active Directory, DHCP, DNS
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent communication skills (both written and face-to-face) and a keen eye for detail
- Excellent people skills; able to interact with people at all levels within the organisation
- Excellent organisational skills; able to prioritise
- Committed, conscientious, hardworking individual able to work on own an as part of a team
This IT Support Technician is a full-time, permanent tole with a salary on offer of £25,000 (depending on experience). If you have the relevant skills and experience and would like to be considered, please apply by forwarding an up to date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser and Specialist Recruiter, who provide recruitment services in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: IT Support, IT Technician, IT Engineer, desktop support, remote desktop, helpdesk
By applying for this role, you give permission for Spider to submit your personal information contained within your CV or any other relevant information you provide in order for the prospective employer to review your application for the specific role applied for. Spider will not use your personal information for any other purposes other than for searching for alternative employment. We will also request additional consent directly from you before submitting your personal information to any other recruiting company who are working directly with Spider for recruitment advertising purposes. We will never disclose your information to any third party unless legally required to do so and we will only ever contact you with the sole purpose of helping you find your dream job or offering career related advice.
- IT Support
- IT Engineer
- desktop support
- IT Technician
- remote desktop
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'