IT Support Technician
£19,000 to £24,000
Wolverhampton - Permanent role
This is an exciting new opportunity to join an experienced team supporting this growing business. You will be involved in day to day support on the help desk as well as moving around the site assisting staff with resolving issues. Plus you will get the chance to assist in the many different projects that are ongoing. There will be occasional visits to sites elsewhere in the UK so a full driving licence is essential but a car will be provided.
- Provide first point contact support to end-users
- Provide additional help to IT staff as and when required
- Assist in improvements of the division wide support function
- Provide advice and guidance to end-users
- Assist/support IT Infrastructure & Support Manager
- Support for general hardware (laptops, PCs, servers, printers etc.)
- Provide support for standard software such as MS office 2016, 365 services, SharePoint, Windows 7/10 etc.
- Act as administrator for systems such as end user backup system, signature software, asset inventory, auditing etc.
- Ensure the IT support helpdesk is kept up to date, and manage the system on a day to day basis
- Ensure IT helpdesk tickets are up to date, and resolved prompt within IT Department’s own
- Demonstrates good end-user relationships and satisfaction with support desk
- Keep 'active’ IT ticket volumes within acceptable backlog levels
Key Skills Required:
- Experience of working in an IT support role (at least 2 years in role)
- Experience in supporting a range of systems and a variety end user’s requirement is essential
- Ability to work well under pressure and hit deadlines
- Good working knowledge of general Microsoft software and network connectivity including
- Experience of Windows server 2012, Hyper-V, Cisco Meraki and Mimecast would be beneficial
- Excellent communication skills and able to communicate at all levels
Hours of work are 8.15 to 4.30 or 8.45 to 5 Monday to Thursday with an earlier finish on a Friday. This customer focused company offer an excellent benefits and pension package as well including 25 days of annual leave plus 8 Bank Holidays.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job