First line IT support role responsible for the integrity, security and day to day support of the desktop IT systems and data in the UK offices and telephone support for remote users in the UK and Europe.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for the setup and support of desktop and laptop computing hardware and software
- Day to day operation of the IT helpdesk, including taking calls, logging helpdesk tickets and liaising with colleagues on issue resolution and expediting tickets where appropriate.
- Telephone support for non office-based staff in both the UK and Europe.
- Troubleshooting LAN, WAN and wireless network issues.
- Telephone system maintenance and mobile device user assistance (iOS and Android).
- Create and maintain both system documentation and user training materials.
- Support manufacturing and shipping IT hardware and software as required.
Education and/or Experience:
- Be able to demonstrate IT hardware and software problem solving skills.
- Have experience of using Windows 7/8/10 and Microsoft Office in a business network environment.
- Have experience of maintaining and troubleshooting laser and label printers.
- Have an understanding of basic networking concepts - TCP/IP, DNS, switches, routers, firewalls and wireless networking.
- Have an excellent telephone manner and communication skills.
- Be self-motivated and flexible, with good personal organization.
- The ability to work independently or in a team.
- Full driving license.
Oscar Technology Limited is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.