Job Title: IT Support Technician
Location: Leeds with periodic travel to Tolworth, Surrey
Salary: Up to £24,000 dependent on experience + 3% flexible benefits + discretionary bonus + contributory pension
Shift Pattern: Week 1: Mon - Fri 07:30 - 15:45; Week 2: Mon - Thu 07:30 - 15:45 Fri 10:45 - 19:00; Week 3: Mon - Thu 11:45 - 20:00 Sat 07:30 - 14:00; Week 4: Mon - Wed 11:45 - 20:00 Sat & Sun 07:30 - 14:00
At Lowell we work with our customers to improve their financial well-being. We take the time to get to know each customer and better understand their individual circumstances, working out the best payment plan for them. Our personal approach is why we've been awarded an Exceptional 3 star rating by Investor in Customer for the last two years and why we're one of the UK's leading debt management companies.
We're now looking for an IT Support Technician to join our growing team.
You'll be responsible for:
- To provide effective and friendly IT support to all users across sites over the business core operating hours - predominantly over the phone
- Resolve support issues on Microsoft Windows 7 including desktop applications. Basic phone system management.
- Side by side supporting of key stakeholders during periods of technical difficulties
- Complete daily proactive checks of the IT infrastructure systems
- Maintain existing and deploy new desktop systems as required.
- Assist with the proactive management of the IT infrastructure including the monitoring of server systems, antivirus and backup solutions.
- Identify possible issues and escalate to senior systems support if necessary.
- Escalate recurring and major incidents to relevant senior support staff working closely with second line technicians and systems engineers
- Follow department procedures and processes for key administration tasks as required.
- Work closely with infrastructure service providers to proactively monitor and maintain the IT and Telecoms Infrastructure.
- Constantly review the current IT infrastructure
- Be available for periodical trips down to Fredricksons (London) to assist with cross site support
- Support video conferencing technologies for our executive team, assisting with physical meeting room set ups as well as software
- Company mobile device administration for IOS software
- Assist with handling of stock items and computer equipment, including clearing away empty boxes once they have been used
The following qualifications would be advantageous:
- IT related degree
- ITIL Foundation
- MCSA (or equivalent)
You'll need to evidence the following skills and experience:
Demonstrable IT support experience, working within a busy IT servicedesk environment
A strong technical background and broad spectrum understanding of IT Technologies
- Technical writing / drawing skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Aptitude to operate independently and take accountability for the delivery of assigned initiatives.
- Ability to identify and understand underlying technical issues, root cause analysis of recurring IT issues is key to the role.
- Full server administration, data archiving, user management, performance and capacity balancing, system fault monitoring and remediation, cable patching and documentation, offsite backups of system and application software
- A good understanding of Windows operating systems, client-server networks and Microsoft Office applications is required. Training will be given on specific Lowell application stack
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Technology Stack
- Understanding of network technologies
- Basic understanding of backup technologies and techniques
- Microsoft Remote Desktop Services
- SharePoint Administration
Plus, we're looking for someone who:
- Has the ability to learn and has good interpersonal skills within a challenging and demanding environment.
- Flexible and adaptable to change.
- Ability to work under pressure, with a can do attitude
- Strong team player
- Confident communicator
- Strong organisation skills
- Competitive salary with annual bonus
- Contributory pension
- 3% flexible benefits - including cycle to work, critical illness, dental insurance, childcare vouchers, travel insurance, dining club, retail discounts and the option to buy up to one week's worth of holiday subject to start date
- Free shuttle bus from Leeds City Centre
- Subsidised on-site restaurant
- Free on-site gym
- Excellent coaching and training
If this sounds like the role for you, and you're eligible to work in the UK we'd love to hear from you.
So, apply today - what have you got to lose?!