An exciting opportunity for a qualified IT apprentice or graduate to join a small, committed and friendly IT team.
Equas is a management consultancy and B2B software provider. Sales of the company’s software product, Activ, are growing rapidly and Equas is now looking for a high-calibre individual to augment its IT team. The role has two main elements to it, combining day-to-day administration of the company’s internal IT needs and providing first-line support to Activ customers.
Web development skills and a basic understanding of database design are pre-requisites, but beyond that our primary objective is to find a candidate with the right level of enthusiasm, commitment and professionalism to become a key member of the team.
Working closely with the IT Manager, you will make a meaningful contribution to Activ’s continued growth by supporting internal IT processes and delivering consistently excellent customer service. The role will include:
- Managing the up-time and speed performance of the company’s websites, implementing content changes and supporting the development of new content and features
- Providing internal support to Equas in the use of IT hardware and software - data back-ups and application administration; Microsoft 365 applications; Equas MIS and ERP systems; information security protocols; other applications as required
- Setting up/configuring new Activ systems
- Providing first-line support to customers - response to and administration of support tickets; management of and response to inbound telephone calls and emails; trouble-shooting and fault investigation of usability issues; escalation of bugs to the IT Manager and software development team
- Providing support for the maintenance of the Activ knowledgebase - creation of help articles; undertaking user acceptance tests prior to the release of new modifications
- Pro-actively maintaining and extending knowledge of relevant IT technologies, software products, information security best practices, Equas products and Equas services
Key Personal Attributes
- Personable - an aptitude for engaging with people and inspiring their confidence
- Good communicator - the ability to explain concepts clearly and concisely
- Strong commitment - a natural disposition to deliver helpful, caring and responsive customer service
- Administrative excellence - with close attention to detail
- Fast learner - creative problem solver, able to work independently
- Curious - a strong desire to continually develop your knowledge and enhance your technical skills
- Consistently professional conduct
Qualifications and Experience
Depending on your level of previous experience, training will be provided to ensure you continually develop appropriate technical and personal skills.
- BTEC National Diploma in Computer Studies, HNC/HND Computer Studies, or similar
- Website maintenance and development including programming using WordPress and HTML
- Basic knowledge of database design, management and report writing
Any of the following, while not essential, would be advantageous
- Advanced knowledge of Office 365 applications
- Experience of first-line customer support in use of software applications
- Experience of management of support ticketing processes
- Experience of AdWords campaign management
- Experience of delivery of web-training
- Relevant apprenticeship, HND or degree qualification
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job