We are looking to recruit an IT support Technician who will provide support to approximately 1500 users alongside the IT Manager and be responsible for all aspects of first and second line support. The successful candidate should have good attention to detail and to be able to confidently troubleshoot and resolve IT issues.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. Successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide excellent technical support to all members of the school community.
- Assist in ongoing management, maintenance and renewal of the School’s IT systems and equipment, including:
- Installation, patching and upgrade of software across the network.
- Share responsibility for issuing devices to staff and ensuring they are returned and accounted for when staff leave or the device is no longer required.
- Share the running of the IT help desk, logging, prioritising, tracking and completing support cases.
- Maintenance of printers and their consumables including liaison with suppliers
- Ensure all classroom and office IT equipment is kept tidy, clean and secure.
Qualifications and Skills:
LAN, WAN, wireless, Servers,
Desktop PCs, laptops, printers and audio/visual equipment.
Windows 7+, Windows Server 2008+, Office 2007+
DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP
Understanding of Virtualisation technologies.
Attainment of additional level 3 qualifications or equivalent (e.g: A Levels, AVCE) or relevant level 4 (e.g. administration or business management)
OCR level 2 word processing and accreditations in usage for excel (or equivalent)
- IT Support: 1 year
- Secondary education
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job