IT Support Technician
MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE UK
We are a technical team supporting a large Corporate Security department who are responsible for protecting the company assets. We provide and support large scale systems such as CCTV, Access Control, Number Plate Recognition and many ad-hoc network connected devices to support their operational requirements. These systems generate a large amount of data and processing which in turn means we have an extensive range of hardware and software to support.
Our Current Team
We are a team of five, that’s me the boss then three project managers and a single IT support technician. We also have a number of subcontracted companies working for us who perform maintenance and installation services on security hardware.
Our single IT technician provides support across all disciplines ie desktop, server and Cisco infrastructure. Our IT assets include (approximately)….
- 70 Microsoft based servers
- 70 Desktop Microsoft Windows PC/Laptop/Tablet
- Ipad/IOS devices
- 250 Cisco Switches (different variants)
- Cisco Firewall
- 500+ Android tablets
- 10+ Proprietary/Linux/Virtual server variants
- SFP/Copper connectivity
What we are looking for …
We are looking to mirror our IT support technician to ease the workload and provide some resilience. We appreciate it may be difficult to find someone that covers all aspects but aim to recruit someone with a solid foundation in desktop and server support then build them up to the full range within 15 months. We encounter the weird and wonderful, this person must be dynamic, good problem solving skills and prepared to tackle a broad range of challenges. We encourage everyone in the team to put their hand up and make suggestions, we solve problems together.
We operate on a large site, with lots of hardware deployed all over the place, the team member will be expected to leave his desk and work out in the field when necessary.
Our day one skillset requirement would be…..
- Microsoft based servers - Build, configure, troubleshoot (100% solid)
- Windows Desktop - Build, configure, troubleshoot (100% solid)
- Virtual Server - Build, configure, troubleshoot (70%)
- Ipad/IOS - Basic user assistance, app installation, Wifi connection (100% solid)
- Android OS devices - Basic user assistance, app installation, Wifi connection (100% solid)
- Network connectivity - Planning and requesting cabling requirements. Understanding connectivity and constraints. (70%)
- Network essentials - IP address principals and planning, switch and hardware requirements (50%).
- Cisco Switch Port configuration (50%)
- Firewall - Principles (50%)
- Corporate Security
- Network Connectivity
- Server Support
- Virtual Server
- Help Desk Support