IT Support Technician - 1st/ 2nd Line Support, Helpdesk, Windows, Active Directory, Cisco, vSphere, ESXi
IT Support Technician
£21,000 - £24,000
Commutable from: West Bromwich, Oldbury, Smethwick, Dudley, Halesowen, Quinton, and West Birmingham
A fast-growing managed service provider requires an enthusiastic IT Support Technician to join their help-desk function and provide 1st/2nd line technical support to both customers and on-site staff. This is an exciting organisation where the customers are as varied as the services that they provide and include Premiership football teams! This role is more advanced than how first line is typically categorised and so will ideally suit a more experienced candidate who is looking to move into a second line position.
- Operating as the first point of contact for customers by providing remote support via the phone
- Managing own help-desk tickets by prioritising effectively
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Liaising with client account managers and other members of the business including senior staff
- Achieving SLA's for quality and performance.
Skills and experience:
- Previous commercial experience in a Windows OS and Server environment
- Experience providing Remote Desktop and Citrix support
- Exchange Server and SQL Server Support experience
- Active Directory administration
- Understanding of networks including experience deploying and troubleshooting Cisco devices
- Understanding of Virtualisation software and the ability to troubleshoot vSphere and ESXi systems
- Excellent customer services skills
For the right candidate, there is a competitive salary on offer and progression opportunities available after six months of employment. This is an organisation that prides itself on empowering employees at every level. Therefore, working as a Support Technician you will be actively encouraged to continuously learn and develop. Moreover, any recommendations and ideas to improve services and product line will be embraced by management.
If you're an IT Support Technician looking for a challenge in a fast-paced and engaging role then please click "APPLY NOW" or send your CV to
IT Support Technician - £21,000 - £24,000 - 1st/ 2nd Line Support, Helpdesk, Windows, Active Directory, Cisco, vSphere, ESXi
- Active Directory
- 1st/ 2nd Line Support