Our goal is simple, to just find: the right talent for the right job.
- Position: IT Support Technician
- Location: Welwyn Garden City, Herts
- Salary: £35,000 p/a + Achievable performance related bonus and a company car provided for travel.
- Contract: Permanent
IT Support Technician:
- Have you worked as a IT Support Technician previously?
- Are you experienced in SIP, telecommunications systems? Maybe you're familiar with Converged Networks and an understanding of voice protocols?
- Have you had exposure to Microsoft Dynamics CRM and Microsoft 365 as well as Apple and iOS products?
- If you have experience of ITIL methodologies and service management, this will be an advantage.
- Maybe you have experience in installation, deployment and operational support of network routers, firewalls, switches and servers?
- Have you previously worked directly with internal and external customers to troubleshoot and solve complex technical issues regarding networks, hosted telephony, servers and security?
- Would a varied role, where you get to travel between offices and customer locations throughout the UK interest you?
- Is diagnosing and resolving technical and IT related issues one of your strengths?
- Would you feel comfortable supporting customers through a wide range of IT related projects and activities with a focus on installation, support and maintenance of networking architecture and servers?
- Does working for a friendly, relaxed working environment which is an investor in People and offers ongoing training and investment in development interest you?
- Alternatively, maybe we can spark you interest with a company that offers excellent employee benefits, along with competitive salary and achievable performance related bonus scheme?
- Are you looking for a career and not just a job?
If you answered yes this could be the next exciting 'IT Support Technician' position that you've been looking for...
About the Role.
- Our client has an excellent opportunity for an IT Support Engineer to join their team in Hertfordshire.
- We are looking for the right person to provide IT support to our clients customers through various channels such as phone and email, resolving their issues in a timely manner.
- The position is predominately based at our clients head office in Welwyn Garden City, however travel to customers sites will be required on both a planned and ad hoc basis.
- You will be support our customers on a wide range of IT related projects and activities with a focus on installation, support and maintenance of networking architecture and servers.
- Installation, deployment and operational support of network routers, firewalls, switches and servers
- Documentation of installation and maintenance projects.
- Network administration and security.
- Work directly with internal and external customers to troubleshoot and solve complex technical issues regarding networks, hosted telephony, servers and security.
- To provide a point of escalation for the Service Desk for any incidents and service requests relating to key business applications and services.
- Travel between offices and customer locations throughout the UK, with occasional periodic late evenings and weekends as required.
- Diagnosing and resolving of all technical and IT related issues.
- Providing customer desktop and server support. (where necessary out of hours)
- Contribution to a smart, cooperative, problem solving team in a fast paced environment.
- Detailed technical knowledge of network infrastructure, including VPN tunnels, MPLS networks and Firewall technologies.
- Experience with Server Administration, including VMWare, SQL, imaging and backups.
- Excellent Communication skills for conveying plans and participating in review meetings, within the company and with external vendors and resources.
- Excellent working knowledge of Windows OS and Windows applications.
- Professional but friendly approach with a can do attitude.
- Logical approach to diagnostic and ability to prioritise work load.
- A good understanding of end user and desktop hardware computing.
- Experience in SIP, telecommunications systems, Converged Networks and understanding of voice protocols.
- Understanding of Dealer Management Systems such as Autoline or Pinewood.
- Exposure and use of Microsoft Dynamics CRM and Microsoft 365.
- Exposure to Apple and iOS products in the workplace.
- Experience or knowledge of ITIL methodologies and service management would be beneficial.
About TalentHQ Recruitment Ltd
TalentHQ Ltd are an "Award Winning" recruitment consultancy which is headed up by a team of talented consultants.
Within our HQ we specialise in adding 'talent' within Temporary & Permanent positions across all Business Support roles from Junior to Senior Management.
We are proud to work with a leading number of blue-chip companies as well as smaller SMEs businesses throughout the UK.
Awards: FSB Hertfordshire - Best New Business - Winners 2014 & Most Inspiring New Business 2015.
- Microsoft Dynamics
- Network Infrastructure
- Technical Support