IT Support Technician
We are pleased to advertise this new IT Support Technician role based in Workington. Our client is looking for an experienced IT Professional who is able to offer IT support to a wide variety of internal staff. Paying up to £23,000 per annum this client offers free parking, contributory pension and 25 days holiday.
In this role you will provide IT support for the company's software and hardware infrastructure which will include all aspects of desktop equipment, server and network equipment and student ILT services.
Duties and Responsibilities
You will be responsible as part of the IT support team for responding to support requests in person, over the telephone, via email and through the company's help desk system. The company operates a multi-site network through Cumbria, with approximately 150 staff and 1200 student users and delivers services primarily using Windows based server and desktop products, Office365 and specialist educational products.
- Experience troubleshooting PC hardware, Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows server (2003 or 2008) and networking technologies is essential
- A relevant IT qualification and/or relevant experience in an IT role is required.
- The ability to be adaptable to fulfil both a technical role and a role providing data administration services is essential
- Excellent IT Skills including experience of using all Microsoft office packages
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment to achieve against tight deadlines
- Excellent organising ability
- Strong communication skills
- Flexible and adaptable with high levels of drive and tenacity
- A willingness to work out of hours on occasion as part of fulfilling IT service tasks
- Experience of CISCO equipment, MS Exchange, SQL Server and Active Directory management would be an advantage.
- Experience with virtualisation technologies would be an advantage.
- Experience of ILT products such as Office365 and Moodle would be an advantage.
- The ability to drive would be an advantage as occasional travel to other company sites within Cumbria will be required.
- Proven ability, maturity and confidence to deal with a diverse range of personnel
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Patient and shows control in challenging situations
- Can take ownership for problems and assignment to resolution
- Is a good team player
Who are System People?
We are a local, professional Recruitment Agency based on Carlisle Airport Business Park in Cumbria. We cover North and West Cumbria and offer a range of professional temporary and permanent opportunities, which include; HR, Finance, IT, Marketing and Office Support. You will find our consultants to be friendly and approachable but most of all honest. We are not like other recruitment agencies and our consultants are not typical recruitment consultants. We do not work on commission; we work as a team to create a friendly, professional environment to support our candidates in their search for work.
If you are interested in this role, or indeed any of our other opportunities, please do not hesitate to call Lyndsey today to arrange a registration, we would love to represent you and help find you work.
System People are acting on behalf of their client as a recruitment agency.
- IT Support
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job