We are currently looking to recruit a skilful and versatile IT Support Technician who is passionate about IT and computing to join our team of experienced individuals and assist us in providing on-site technical support to our primary school customers.
Job title: IT Support Technician (Schools)
Location: Birmingham (Midlands)
Responsible to: The Company Directors
Responsible for: Our customers IT networks, software and systems
Liaison with: Company Directors, Head Teachers, ICT Co-ordinators and End Users
Main purpose of the job:
To provide on-site technical support to our primary school customers as part of a managed service. Reporting to a senior manager, you will be responsible for supporting end users, updating and maintaining equipment and various other IT related tasks.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Troubleshooting problems and resolving issues with workstations and servers
- Software installations, updates and workstation imaging
- Hardware installation and configuration
- Managing and updating tablet devices (including app deployment) through an MDM solution
- Ensuring a reliable backup schedule is running and a disaster recovery method is in place and documented
- Maintaining Audio Visual Equipment (Projectors, Whiteboards, Interactive Displays)
- Asset management and Inventory maintenance
You will be required to travel to various customer sites in the Birmingham area.
Haz Technology is a family run company based in the midlands. We specialise in providing a range of IT related services to Junior and Infant schools within the West Midlands area. Established in 1997 we have a wealth of experience in the education sector and continue to support our valued customers, many of which have been with us for the majority of this time. We pride ourselves on our service and always ensure our schools receive the best possible support.
Person Specification (Experience and Qualifications)
- Previous experience in an IT support role
- 5 GCSE’s (C grade or above) with English and Maths
- IT related degree or certification beneficial
- A good communicator with excellent customer facing skills
- A high level knowledge of Microsoft client and server products, including Office365 and SharePoint
- Experience of operating system 'rollouts’ and app deployments
- Good understanding of network topology, data cabling and general IP networks including managed wireless solutions
- The ability to catalogue faults, maintain hardware inventories and document software license records efficiently
- Must have the ability to work successfully on their own initiative and within a team
- Experience working in an educational setting would be beneficial
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.