are on the lookout for technical minds with a hunger for problem solving, to join our Service Desk based at our Head Office in Bridgend. We want YOU if you can WOW our clients with your skills, resolving daily IT issues and ensuring their IT infrastructure is performing at an optimised level.
We support a broad range of clients in every business sector you can imagine, which means you need to be flexible and adapt to support all sorts of kit. Our Service Desk is stacked with multi-skilled, flexible and beautiful minded individuals, who care about delivering the highest quality of service to our clients.
Whilst we’re interested in your existing knowledge, we also value continued learning and we support this in a number of ways. We will teach you about our industry leading products and solutions, expose you to hundreds of different types of infrastructures, give you access to our training portal and provide an environment of like-minded people to help improve upon your current knowledge and expertise.
To join our Technical Departments, experience is important, but it’s not everything. IT is huge and you just can’t know it all. For those with a passion for all things technology, we can help you either take the first step in your career or push you to the next level and help you achieve your goals.
YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Providing 1st Line IT support to clients in the following areas:
- Operating Systems (Workstation/Server), Apple and Linux
- Microsoft Office
- Email - Outlook and Exchange
- Installation of line of business applications
- Installation and configuration of printers, scanners, workstations and networking equipment
- File permissions and file shares
- Active Directory
- Staying Up to date with the latest and greatest technology
- Taking calls to the Service Desk and providing technical assistance using remote support tools and the in-house ticket system.
- Keeping client information up to date in our Client Information System (Rockipedia)
- Supporting our Advance Support Team when required
*Entertaining your colleagues by selecting your favourite songs on Spotify for the Service Desk Playlist
*Picking a side in the ongoing Android/iPhone fanboy war
*Agonising over and then bragging about your latest tech purchases and showing them off to the team! :-)
- This is the perfect opportunity to progress into a number of technical roles and teams. Most commonly engineers in this role would progress to our Advanced Support Team. Most engineers find this takes around 12 months but mileage may vary.
BENEFITS TO SHOUT ABOUT
- Annual attendance incentive
- Increased annual leave allowance for each year of service
- Eligible for yearly bonus & annual pay rise
- Monthly bonus structure
- Company pension
- Full training provided
- Weekly incentives, treats and outings
- Huge opportunities to progress
- Recreational games area
- Free on-site car parking
- Corporate discounts
SALARY: £19,000 PER YEAR + BONUS
POSITION: FULL TIME/PERMANENT
YEARS OF RELEVANT EXPERIENCE: 1+ YEARS
- Technical Support
- Telephone Manner
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"