Global Hedge Fund - IT Support Specialist - London
Are you a skilled IT Support/ Systems Administrator looking for an opportunity to join a highly regarded investments business who place a huge emphasis on their technology department?
We are a leading Investment Management Business with offices in 20 different countries employing over 4000 people. Established 50 years ago we continue to expand and move forward, we have an exciting opportunity in our EMEA Technology team based in our EMEA HQ, London.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery and support of end user and workspace technology to our staff across EMEA offices. The candidate will be expected to build strong relationships with the business staff and management, acting as a trusted advisor for technology solutions as well as providing ongoing training to increase awareness and adoption of technology. This is a client facing role which will have daily interaction with our business and technology staff, including executive management.
- Act as a trusted advisor for business and technology teams serving as a go to for all technology related matters. Engage technology product management to provide solutions for staff, product and service feedback ensuring ongoing enhancements to our technology.
- Respond and proactively address employees' technology questions regarding computer systems, telecommunication devices, and software programs.
- Provide individual and group technology training sessions to staff. Deliver best practices for new and existing hardware and software technology releases. Train new hires on our technologies required for their role.
- Utilize existing IT management systems (ServiceNow, eRequest, Change Control, etc.) to manage the delivery of services. If necessary, coordinate resolution with vendors and ensure follow-up.
Perform ordering, installation and maintenance of physical computers, thin clients, virtual machines and related hardware and software. Install and support desktop IP telephony and telecommunications equipment. Perform moves/adds/changes for all desktop and telephone hardware as needed.
- Actively update and maintain inventory management, request, incident and purchasing systems. Ensure all systems are properly documented and updated with latest troubleshooting techniques.
- Stay apprised of new technologies and trends in the technology industry, with a view to providing more comprehensive technology-related services to the office. Act as a technology information resource for the staff and management.
- Understand the evolving technology needs of the business units in the offices/floors of support. Provide custom technology-based solutions for the office as needed. Provide written training for staff on software/technology issues on a regular basis.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Strong business and technical writing skills. Experienced in delivering technical training.
- Strong understanding of IT Service Management practices.
- Excellent troubleshooting, technical/ creative problem-solving and analytical ability.
- Strong presence and presentation skills
- Knowledge of Windows Server. E.g. folder redirection, roaming profiles, distributed file system (DFS), permissions and shares.
- Strong knowledge of Windows 7 and 10 operating systems
- Strong knowledge of Apple, Android, and Blackberry mobile devices
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory and Active Roles interface
- Knowledge of Cisco desktop phones and features
- Knowledge of Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI)
- Knowledge of PC & server hardware (Dell, Lenovo, HP) and peripherals.
Location - West End, Central London
Budget - £50,000-£60,000 + Bonus & Benefits
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Where rates of pay or salary ranges are detailed these are dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training. If you wish to apply for this position please read our Privacy Notice which details how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information: -notice.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'