We are seeking an IT Support Specialist for a truly lovely client based in Basildon, Essex.
IT Support Specialist / Senior IT Specialist will be responsible for implementing and maintaining
current systems and support wide scope of IT tasks including planning and implementing future infrastructure and operations changes to ensure day to day operations are sustained. Ability to administer backup /recovery procedures to protect from software and hardware system failures.
Implementation of new hardware, users and their access to network resources.
Skills and Technical Requirements
Microsoft Windows platform:
Networks - general knowledge of IP based technology, understanding of
routers, firewalls and switches so configuration programing can be undertaken
ESXi and VMWare knowledge for creating/configuring/maintaining hosts
hardware and VM's
VEEAM knowledge for implementing backup restore procedures
WIN 2003/2012/2016 Server platforms - knowledge for maintaining
SQL Server - knowledge of tables, queries, functions, stored procedures,
user access, backup, restore and maintenance procedures
MS Office general knowledge, MS Access advanced knowledge beneficial
IIS Server - knowledge of setup and maintenance, backup and restore
VS development skills using above SQL/IIS
Apple iOS platform:
iMac O/S - knowledge of O/S and application setup to support users and
iPhone/iPad - knowledge of iOS and application setup to support users and
You will require
- Significant experience in a similar IT Support role.
- Extensive overall IT experience,
- Network and application security. Threat management gateway Email scanning technologies.
- Experience with implementing new processes and following through with required disciplines
- Excellent collaboration and communication/interpersonal skills.
- Strong customer service ethics and sense of urgency
- Quick turnaround on instructions or requests from senior management.
- Ability to perform well in team environments.
- Ability to remain calm and collected in pressure situations to allow constructive guidance to the team and also communicate effectively to stakeholders.
- Ability to deliver and coordinate projects within tight deadlines. General understanding of project management methodologies.
- Excellent problem solving skills. Willingness to learn, explore new ideas and innovate.
- Excellent attention to detail. A proactive, flexible and adaptable approach.
If you have a good level of most of the above, please send your cv in now
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"