An exciting opportunity has become available for an IT support specialist with a newly established online CFD company. Reporting directly to the IT Manager the role will be to monitor and maintain the computer systems and networks of the company and to maximize computer system capabilities by studying technical applications and making recommendations. Also, installing and configuring computer systems, diagnose hardware and software faults and solve technical and applications problems.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitoring, managing and maintaining the daily operation of information systems;
- Responsible for office network, office software and equipment operation and maintenance;
- Monitoring information systems of failures or abnormalities, and emergency treatment;
- Responsible for the server room and equipment inspection and maintenance work;
- Analysis and evaluation of the information system on a regular operation, improve and implement the recommendations of the system;
- Troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults;
- Achieves computer system objectives by gathering pertinent data; identifying and evaluating options; recommending a course of action
- Prioritizing and managing many open cases at one time;
- Evaluates system potential by testing compatibility of new programs with existing programs.
- Evaluates expansions or enhancements by studying work load and capacity of computer system
- Installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications;
- Providing support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports;
- Conducting electrical safety checks on computer equipment.
- Setting up new user accounts and profiles and dealing with password issues;
- Responding within agreed time limits to call-outs;
- Maintains historical records by documenting hardware and software changes and revisions.
- Maintains client confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Working knowledge of MT4 system
- Skilled in Risk Management Systems
- Must be able to master the basic network and network security
Qualifications & Experience:
Degree in one of the following:
- Business information technology;
- Business systems engineering;
- Computer networking and hardware;
- Computer science;
- Computer software development;
- Information technology;
- Internet engineering;
- Software engineering
- Must be a good team player with the ability to work well under pressure and as part of a team;
- Cheerful, good communication skills, analytical skills and problem-solving skills
- Willingness to travel to Hong Kong, as and when required, adapting to long periods away
- A good knowledge of how software and operating systems work;
- Good presentation skills with regards to presenting technical information
- The ability to prioritize your workload;
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Chinese fluency highly desirable
- Must exhibit company’s values of trust, team work and accountability
- Strong analytic, problem-solving and strategic thinking skills
- Excellent time management and able to work across multiple priorities
- Demonstrated ability to work independently on projects with the ability to work to deadlines
- Willing to take accountability and responsibilities
- Computer Hardware
- Computer Systems
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job