Do you have a vision to achieve the best possible levels of IT Support to staff and customers? Do you understand what it takes to achieve that vision? Are you able to inspire a team to make that vision a reality?
If your answers are yes, then this is the ideal role for you.
The IT Support Manager will provide professional leadership and operational, day to day, management of the Desk and Field IT Support teams that provide technical support and assistance to the staff of Whistl, taking responsibility for their performance, implementing service standards and developing common systems and processes that reflect industry best practice such as ITIL.
To be successful in this role, you will need to demonstrate the ability to lead others to deliver the best solutions required with the drive and desire to make a difference to Whistl, its employees, customers and suppliers. You will previously have played a role in implementing and maintaining a recognised IT Service desk ticketing system, managing that system ideally from initial planning through to implementation and continuous improvement thereafter. You will also need to possess proven IT capabilities and competencies in service desk leadership, project management and a creative and innovative approach with the energy and enthusiasm to deliver and above all, passion for exceeding customers' expectations.
The IT Support Manager will:
- Manage both field and desk based IT support staff ensuring that Incidents and requests are recorded and handled according to agreed procedures. Work closely with other departments of the business to ensure that the IT Support team provide a first class service.
- Ensure that all IT support systems, e.g. ticketing are fit for purpose and delivering effectively and efficiently. Develop and introduce agreed SLA's within the team for tasks such as response time to users within HQ as well as depot based for P1 and P2 incidents ensuring the team are focused on efficiency's and delivery of a first-class IT Support function
- Maintain an overview of the IT Shop requirements such as the Catalogue offered to users as part of IT Shop offerings. Manage the IT Shop process and own the processes followed by users to request new equipment, drive access, access to applications etc. for new joiners, movers and leavers monitoring effectiveness in line with SLAs.
- Facilitate any requirements the business may have for the support of external customers - examples of this could include the support of Mailsort software issued by Whistl, or the 1st line support of external customers using the Bag Labelling software / equipment.
- Work closely with suppliers to ensure that the business departments are receiving the appropriate services, software or equipment as per the agreed contractual obligations
- Responsible for the day to day management of the field and desk based IT Support team and supporting the management of the wider IT team. Delegate tasks appropriately across the team to ensure high quality delivery whilst facilitating personal and professional development.
IT Manager | 1st and 2nd Line Support | Desk and Field IT Support | IT
- IT related qualification - MCP, ITIL or equivalent with project management knowledge e.g. Prince2, Agile or equivalent
- Typically we would anticipate that it would take a minimum of three years' experience in a customer facing IT support (1st and 2nd tier) environment, as well as supplier escalation, follow-up and leadership of an IT Support Team to acquire the knowledge and skills for this role.
- You will have played a role in implementing and maintaining a recognised IT Service desk ticketing system, managing that system from initial planning through to implementation.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise workloads and work to often conflicting deadlines whilst continuing to show excellent attention to detail.
- Able to work effectively as a part of a team demonstrating a hands on "right first time" mentality, energetic style with a 'can do, will do' attitude
- Excellent and confident communicator; able to influence and gain commitment from internal and external customers and suppliers
- Able to manage effectively in order to achieve daily and weekly tasks through organisation, delegation and prioritisation.
- Ability to deal with confidential and sensitive information
- A Knowledge of computer hardware including servers, desktop PCs, thin clients, laptops and mobile devices.
- Flexible, willing and able, when necessary, to respond to the needs of a 24 hour operation and provide support away from the normal location of work as required by the business
- This role will require regular travel and visits to Whistl Group sites where IT support staff are based therefore a full driving licence and willingness to travel with over-night stays around the country will be required.
Whistl is the second largest postal provider in the UK with an exciting range of mail, parcels, fulfilment and Doordrop media products and services, both in the UK and internationally. Each year we collect, sort, send and transport up to 4 billion items of mail and parcels for businesses, as well as handling, planning and managing millions of Doordrop items
We are a small, close knit team that support each other, working collaboratively to deliver first class service. Led by our Head of IT Support, the team provides the business with a niche service combining high level customer service with technical expertise. The team continues to evolve alongside the developing needs of the business and does so by working both independently and together.
- IT Manager
- 1st and 2nd Line Support
- Desk and Field IT Support
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'