IT Helpdesk Technician / 1st line support
£22,000 - £25,000 per annum
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an IT Helpdesk support to join a specialist IT provider based in Reading. This organically grown company has a great reputation and is growing year on year. The Role is to provide first line support across a wide range of technologies, ideally, resolving issues at first line, but if not possible to escalate to the appropriate technical resolver group. The role provides support within the service desk - managing calls for field engineers, sub contractors and logistics support.
You will be trained and given encouragement to learn a range of technologies.
- Trouble shooting problems
- Finding solutions to existing problems,
- Installing and configuring new equipment and upgrades, and
- Suggesting ways to create a better outcome for our clients.
Key technical skills required:
To be successful it would be beneficial to have the following:
- Windows XP / Windows 7/ windows 8 desktops,
- Microsoft office applications
- Networking protocols, desktop application support,
- Office 365 services,
- Router configuration.
- Must be able to work un-supervised, on own initiative
- Must have good communications skills
- Must be a logical thinker
- An excellent problem solver with strong analytical skills
- Someone who likes to keep up to date with the latest technology
- Can meet deadlines and maintain high standards even when under pressure
Salary depends on experience £22,000 to £25,000
Services advertised by Candour Recruitment Ltd are those of an employment business.
- Service Desk
- Technical Skills
- 1st Line
- Resolving Issues
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job