Network Telecom are recruiting for an IT Support Field Engineer to join their growing team of field engineers.
The role will put the successful candidate at the forefront of IT related installations and technical support. As a Microsoft Certified Partner you will be expected to have a broad knowledge of their existing products and simple deployments. This will be enhanced with in-house and external training as your progress through your career.
The successful candidate will be required to carry out a wide range of IT related services to our customers on-side which may include installation of ethernet networks, router/firewalls and Windows desktop and servers. You would be implementing these services as well as providing on-going support to customers where remote support from the service desk has been unsuccessful.
Key Responsibilities of the role
- Carry out accurate and detailed IT site surveys and handover to the relevant install coordinator promptly
- Maintain van stock to ensure availability of equipment at all times
- Provide excellent IT support to customers that have issues with desktop computers, windows servers and routers/firewalls if required
- Keep customer equipment records up-to-date
- Share technical knowledge with colleagues and other teams
- Working to defined time-scales as part of a high-performing team
- Attend regular training courses to keep up to date with the latest developments in the sector
- Ensure health & safety is adhered to at all times.
Skills and characteristics required
- Previous experience designing and installing Cat5e/Cat6 ethernet networks including trunking and patching
- A good understanding of IP networking including DHCP, DNS, VLAN, Switches and Subnets
- Experience configuring, installing and troubleshooting routers and wireless access points
- Experience working at 1st/2nd Line support levels in IT
- Full valid UK Driving License
- Excellent Time Management.
Desirable skills and characteristics
- Exposure to Windows Server operating systems.
- Understanding of storage devices - RAID, SAS, SATA.
- Knowledge of active directory services.
- Understanding of IP telephony concepts such as SIP
- Experience using Draytek & TP-Link routers
- Broadband troubleshooting experience
- Use of remote access tools like Team Viewer, Remote Desktop Services and Any Desk.
Why work for Network Telecom?
Network Telecom is one of the UK’s leading independent telecommunication providers specialising in business telephony solutions including; business phone systems, IT services, business mobiles and business broadband.
- Competitive salary
- Pensions and healthcare scheme
- Excellent working conditions
- Free parking
- Windows Server
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'