This is a fabulous opportunity to join a great team, with a great company who can offer job security, ongoing professional development and progression opportunities.Job Summary:
We are seeking a skilled and proactive IT Support Engineer to join our small but dedicated IT team. The successful candidate will be solely responsible for 1st and 2nd line support within the business and will be expected to take full ownership of the ServiceDesk. As an IT Support Engineer, you will be responsible for delivering first-class technical support, troubleshooting hardware and software issues, maintaining network infrastructure, and ensuring the smooth functioning of IT systems across our organisation. The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to collaborate on major projects as well as leading on their own projects. This is a hybrid role, predominantly based at our head office in Bradford, but it also involves occasional travel to our depots located throughout the UK.Responsibilities:
- Provide exceptional technical support to end-users via various channels, including a ServiceDesk platform, phone, email, and in-person, to resolve hardware, software, and network-related issues promptly.
- Perform hardware and software installations, configurations, and upgrades, ensuring compatibility and adherence to security standards.
- Collaborate with internal teams and external vendors to troubleshoot complex technical problems and escalate issues when necessary.
- Maintain and manage network infrastructure, including switches, routers, firewalls, and Wi-Fi access points.
- Assist in the planning and execution of IT projects, such as system upgrades, migrations, and deployments.
- Monitor and maintain server infrastructure, ensuring optimal performance and security.
- Create and update documentation, including user guides and knowledge base articles, to facilitate self-service and improve efficiency.
- Conduct periodic IT inventory audits and assist with asset management.
- Stay up to date with the latest industry trends and technologies, making recommendations for improvement and optimisation of IT systems.
- Proven experience as an IT Support Engineer or similar role, providing technical support to end-users in a professional setting.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office applications, hardware troubleshooting, and network protocols.
- Strong knowledge of virtualisation technologies, including clustered Microsoft Hyper-V.
- Familiarity with Active Directory, group policies, and Windows Server environments.
- Experience working with backup technologies including VEEAM.
- Experience in supporting cloud-based applications and services (e.g., Microsoft 365, SharePoint, Azure) is desirable.
- Basic understanding of networking principles, including TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, and VPN.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical users.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Keen attention to detail with a self-starter attitude.
- Passion for technology and willingness to undergo professional development to keep up to date with the latest trends.
- Willingness to occasionally travel to depots across the UK to provide on-site support.
- Full UK driving license and willingness to drove to our UK sites as required.
- Competitive salary of circa £30k, negotiable based on qualifications and experience.
- Opportunity to work with a dynamic and passionate team.
- Professional development and training opportunities to enhance your skills.
- Hybrid working pattern (minimum 3 days in the office per week).
- Comprehensive benefits package.
- 22 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays.
- A supportive work environment that promotes work-life balance.
- Free on-site parking.
If you have the skills and experience, we are looking for, please apply with an up-to-date CV and we’ll be in touch.
1IT Support Engineer
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'