Our client has a vacancy for an IT Support Engineer delivering Windows 10 Upgrades and Helpdesk Support. You will be working within the Service Desk area along with two other support technicians. This role is offered as a full time position on a 6 month fixed term contract.
- Upgrading machines from Windows 7 to Windows 10
- Supporting and resolving user hardware, software, printing, telephony and mobile technology incidents and requests.
- Logging issues and requests in the Service Desk ticketing system, monitoring queues and reassigning to other resolver groups where necessary.
- Setting up and configuring user devices, including laptops, desktops and mobile phones
- Installing and moving of computer equipment, completing internal user moves
- Patching of network devices and phones
- Installation, configuration and administration of approved software
- Documentation of operational procedures and user guides
- Performing basic IT administrative support duties
- Expert in Windows 7 and 10
- Proficient in performing desktop and laptop builds
- Experience in administering Active Directory, Group Policies
- Strong software and hardware trouble shooting skills
- Proficient in Microsoft technologies and supporting O365 applications including Outlook and Teams
- Experience of supporting users on site and remotely using support tools
- Proficient in supporting PC hardware, printers, scanners, computer peripherals, mobile devices (iOS, Android) and Client PC connectivity (ethernet, VPN)
- Ability to document working procedures
- Must be able to work independently and take initiative.
- Excellent customer service skills are a must
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic, flexible and committed attitude toward service delivery
- Experience of working with Citrix or Thin Client technologies would be advantageous
7.5 hrs per day, covering hours 08:00 - 16:30 - at times shifting 1hr later if needed to cover holiday and sickness
Due to the large number of responses we receive it is not always possible to respond to every application. We will only contact those candidates short-listed for this role. If you have not heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. If you wish to apply for further roles please do so. We will retain your details on file and contact you should a suitable vacancy become available.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'