One of my best clients is looking for an IT Support Engineer to join their team in Manchester on an initial fixed term basis for 6 months with a view to extending for a further 6 months and then becoming permanent.
The main responsibility of the IT Support Engineer will be to support the Windows 10 rollout project, so we are looking for someone with good knowledge system. You may also be involved in being part of the company Application Lifecycle Process, administration and resolution of requests and problem management processes, to facilitate effective management of the day to day IT support function.
Other Duties Required of the IT Support Engineer:
- Assist in the day to day administration of the IT Infrastructure including Active Directory, servers, print services and messaging systems.
- Assist in timely resolution of logged Incidents and requests following defined processes and observing agreed Service levels.
- Monitoring and resolving end user support issues
- Provide escalation point for IT Service desk. Assist by providing information on known errors and workarounds.
- Contribute to development and administration of problem management and knowledge management processes, following ITIL best practices.
- Facilitate and administer event management process.
- The creation and upkeep of accurate documentation to assist in efficient running of the support function.
- Contribute to day to day running of application testing and deployment. In particular the packaging and deployment of new applications and upgrades
- Assist in the administration of centralised Licenses and upkeep of License servers.
- Assist in completion of projects, when required, in particular creation of documentation to assist in service transition.
The successful IT Support Engineer will be paid up to £25,000 per annum on a pro-rata basis initially.
If interested, please apply immediately. We also offer up to £500 for successful referrals.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'