Brand new IT Support Engineer position for a Software Engineering team within a rapidly growing science and engineering company. As well as general IT support for a mixed Windows and Linux environment, you will play a key role in helping the company migrate from Office 365 to G Suite and keeping both systems running during the migration. This is a new role within the team (the Software Engineers are currently handling IT) so we are looking for an experienced IT Support Engineer who can hit the ground running installing new hardware and software, setting up accounts for company employees, dealing with accounts for leavers, general trouble shooting and putting long term processes in place for the team.
In time, the role may evolve into more complex systems management areas but initially it will be limited to fairly standard IT support tasks.
IT Support Engineer essential experience
- Experience configuring, installing software on and servicing Windows PCs and Laptops
- Experience installing Linux on PCs and Laptops
- Experience of networks and networking issues
IT Support Engineer skills that may be useful later
- VPN configuration
- Managing Jira and Confluence.
- Configuring Jira Workflows.
- Working with a software development team.
- CDN optimisation
- Specifying hardware to meet requirements.
- Developing scripts for installation.
- Working with source control systems (e.g. Git, Subversion etc.)
Position: IT Support Engineer
Key Skills: Windows, Linux
Desirable skills: Jira, Confluence, Git, Subversion, Office365, G Suite, VPN
Apply: jamie AT enterpriserecruitment DOT com
- office 365
- g suite
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'