IT SUPPORT ENGINEER - LEVEL 1
SALARY UP TO £27,000 DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE
Our client is one of the UK’s leading M&E companies with their Head Quarters located in Kings Cross. They are now looking for a Level 1 IT Support Engineer to join their busy team.
The Level I IT Support Engineer’s role is to ensure proper computer operation so that end users can accomplish business tasks. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting and actively resolving end user help requests and escalating incidents when considered appropriate and necessary to maintain SLA expectations. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual give in-person, hands-on help at the desktop level.
Responsibilities Strategy & Planning
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent future problems
- Alert management to emerging trends in incidents.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Assist in software releases and roll-outs and communication to the end users.
- Field incoming requests to the Service Desk via both telephone and e-mail to ensure courteous, timely and effective resolution of end user issues.
- Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information and nature of problem or issue.
- Build rapport and elicit problem details from service desk customers.
- Prioritize and schedule problems. Escalate problem (when required) to the appropriately experienced technician.
- Record, track and document the service desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and FAQ resources on the Internet/Intranet to aid in problem resolution.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Install anti-virus software and ensure virus definitions are up-to-date.
- Perform preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals.
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
- Perform post-resolution follow ups to help requests.
- Develop help sheets and FAQ lists for end users.
- Reinforce SLAs to manage end-user expectations.
Formal Education & Certification
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or 2 years equivalent work experience Knowledge & Experience
- Knowledge of basic computer hardware, including desktops, laptops, printer/scanners, tablets, PDA devices
- Experience with desktop and server operating systems, including Microsoft Windows 7, Server 2008+
- Extensive application support experience
- Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities
- Familiarity with the fundamental principles of ITIL
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening and questioning skills Strong documentation skills
- Fluent English
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Keen attention to detail
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Exceptional customer service orientation
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Sitting for extended periods of time
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and other computer components
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals
- Willing to travel to other sites within the group as required
Should you be interested in this amazing opportunity, please send your CV to Anna Maguire.
Whilst we will endeavor to contact you following your response, occasionally due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible and we are only able to contact shortlisted candidates. We will keep your details on file and may contact you with future opportunities.
- Interpersonal Skills
- Fluent English
- Highly Self Motivated
- Customer Services Orientation
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job