Curtis Banks are looking for an IT Support Engineer to join our IT & Change Department within our Bristol office in order to provide IT support to users throughout the company.
The core focus of the role is to work as part of a centralised support function with the primary role of restoring "normal service" to users as quickly as possible and proactively maintain systems to avoid deterioration of service over time to meet future business needs.
The position and duties will include;
- Investigate, resolve and document incidents, service requests, problems and events within the company IT systems to ensure high availability and efficient running of IT systems for the business. Liaising with Third Party support providers and stakeholders as appropriate where these cannot be resolved within required timescales or with currently available skills
- Maintain service availability and support processes within the responsibility of the support function to ensure high availability and efficient running of IT systems to minimise downtime and meet the needs of the business and customers over the short to medium term. Identify and draw management attention to potential system issues
- Perform regular maintenance of IT systems to ensure correct and reliable functioning
- Maintain IT equipment and operational records efficiently and accurately to enable effective support of systems by the IT support function
- Maintain and enhance standards within and around the IT support function (including TCF and security policies)
- Provide documentation and technical/training based support for users and colleagues to assist them in obtaining the best they can from the IT services provided
- Assist in the implementation and roll out of new systems and technologies as required. Provide feedback and recommendations for system changes/updates/upgrades, proactively drawing management attention to potential system issues to ensure that systems are well positioned to meet current and future business needs
- Prepare and maintain infrastructure documentation, including details of all systems being used and integration points between them (internally and externally)
- Provide operational support for IT related requirements (including software, infrastructure, consultancy and guidance) to the specific needs of projects and changes planned for delivery, liaising with third party suppliers and stakeholders as appropriate
A full job description is available on request.
This is a full time vacancy
Office hours are: 9.00am - 5.30pm Monday to Thursday & 9.00am - 5.00pm Friday (37 hours)
Start date: Immediately
All candidates will be asked to confirm their eligibility to work in the UK at interview stage and to provide evidence of it on appointment. Please note that successful candidates will be subject to a criminal records and personal credit check.