IT Support Engineer
IT Support Engineer | Leeds | £25,000
Your new company
You'll be joining a global leader and pioneer of real time content aware analysis, protecting a worldwide user base in the millions of children and vulnerable people from malware, spam and explicit content.
Your new role
The successful candidate will be part of a highly skilled and fast paced technical team responsible for on-site and remote installation of our products throughout the UK, and support of our global customer base within Education, Healthcare, Local/Central Government and the Corporate sector. Working in the Leeds tech hub, you'll be surrounded by passionate, innovate and supportive team players.
You shall primarily be responsible for:
- Implementation of Smoothwall Web Filtering, Firewall and Safeguarding Products.
- Provide support services to a wide range of external clients.
- Attain and maintain technical expertise in the Smoothwall product suite.
- Provide customer facing training and product demonstrations.
- Participate in team mentoring and collaborative learning.
- Work with other departments within the business to achieve success for our customers.
What you'll need to succeed
- 2 years previous experience in a similar role or graduate in a network related course
- TCP/IP, routing and switching, VLANs, NAT
- Active Directory, DNS, DHCP
- Firewall access control, IPSec VPN
- HTTP, HTTPS, Web proxy and filtering
- Virtualisation technologies (eg VMware, Hyper-V)
- Linux administration
- Wireless networks and RADIUS authentication
- UK driving license and own transport.
- Industry accreditations (CCNA, CompTIA N+ or similar)
- A technology related Degree
- PRTG Monitoring Software
- Knowledge of GDPR
What you'll get in return
A competitive salary and benefits, private healthcare, flexible working, free fruit and workplace massages.
The staff at Smoothwall take pride in having an inclusive and friendly team atmosphere, where everyone feels empowered to drive change and grow their career.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or give us a call.
For further information please visit our dedicated recruitment microsite jobs/smoothwall