This is an excellent opportunity to further develop your existing personal and IT skills, working as part of a small friendly team, providing Managed IT Services to clients throughout the Thames Valley. This will be over the telephone and you will also be visiting clients on site too.
You will provide proactive hardware, software and peripheral maintenance in addition to building, installing, configuring and supporting workstations, laptops and other associated devices and peripherals.
To be considered for this position you will need the following qualifications and skills or be able to demonstrate equivalent experience in your career and personal development to date. Experience with Managed IT Services software for auditing, ticketing, remote control, backup and security is essntial. You will also need a clear understanding of:
- Computer hardware including servers, workstations, laptops and mobile devices.
- Computer software including Microsoft Windows 7.0 Professional, Microsoft Office 2010/13 and at least one vertical market software product.
- Networking and communications including broadband technologies, routers and firewalls.
- Email systems especially Outlook and Microsoft Exchange Server
- Microsoft Active Directory, Small Business Server and Microsoft Windows Server
- Cloud based technologies
- A clear understanding and experience of Managed IT Services
- Excellent communication skills with clients and colleagues
- Experience of providing end user support over the phone and via remote control of user systems
- Ability to ask relevant questions and with a logical approach to problem solving
- Ability to set priorities and to handle multiple tasks.
- Experience of Microsoft Active Directory and Exchange configuration and troubleshooting
- Experience in router, firewall and VPN configuration and troubleshooting
- Familiar with a wide range of current broadband services and technologies
- Local and wide area networking
- Configuration of wireless networks
- Data centre hosting and virtual servers
- Printers and peripherals
The position requires a high degree of interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues is essential.
You will require a clean driving licence and your own vehicle for which you will receive a mileage allowance when used on company business.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job