IT Support Engineer
Location: Loughborough, Leicestershire. Other sites within Leicestershire as and when required.
Salary: £22K-£27K p.a. (depending on experience and skill level)
Contract: Full time, Permanent
Preci-Spark is a leading European contract manufacturer for the high technology industries delivering manufacturing solutions to the global market place. Established in 1960 the company employs 450 people across 6 manufacturing facilities in the United Kingdom.
You will be responsible for supporting and maintaining the company's IT systems and for providing efficient support to all company users. Resolving any IT-related faults quickly and efficiently, you will provide effective IT assistance across all aspects of the business and will provide back up and support to the Systems Manager. The successful candidate will be expected to deliver IT support and proactive improvements to the IT infrastructure to ensure our team can operate reliably and effectively across the variety of applications.
IT Support Engineer Role includes:
- Providing technical support across the offices and factories in Loughborough.
- System builds and installation of software.
- Repair and maintenance of workstations, servers, laptops, printers and other peripherals.
- Diagnosis and solving of software issues.
- On-site installation of workstations, laptops, printers and other peripherals.
- Installation of network infrastructures including both cable and wireless solutions.
- Degree level qualification or equivalent in relevant subject.
- Preferably 2+ years' experience, or evidence of work experience in the relevant field.
- Good understanding of Microsoft Windows Desktop and Server Operating Systems.
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office and other popular applications.
- Experience of server and network installations including inter-office WAN's and firewalls.
- Ability to work with third party suppliers to resolve an issue.
- Familiarity with Solaris or other UNIX/LINUX operating systems would be beneficial.
- Ability to understand our team requirements, prioritise support and make recommendations accordingly.
- Work in a professional manner and communicate effectively with all of our employees.
- Role is primarily Monday to Friday, with occasional out of hours emergency cover.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience click on "APPLY" today, forwarding an up to date copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance.
- Information Technology
- IT Support