IT Support Engineer
The position of IT Support Engineer reports directly to the IT Support Manager. Providing efficient and effective IT support within a team environment and playing an active role in ensuring the ongoing business continuity requirements are maintained.
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, operating systems and applications.
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks.
- Talking Staff and Clients through a series of actions, either face to face or over the phone to help set up systems or resolve issues.
- Troubleshooting system and network problems by diagnosing and solving hardware or software related faults, replacing parts as required.
- Providing support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports.
- Following diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system.
- Supporting the roll out of new applications.
- Setting up new user’s accounts and profiles and dealing with password related issues.
- Responding within agreed time limits to call-outs.
- Working continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate)
- Prioritising and managing many open cases at any given time.
- Rapidly establishing a good working relationship with Customers and other Professionals e.g. Software Developers. Testing and evaluating new technology.
The person appointed shall have very good IT Support Experience, be able to work in a team and be able to work efficiently and effectively in a busy and stressful environment where time is of the essence. A general education to GCSE level A-C is required, including the following key skills:
- Strong knowledge of MS Windows 7 and 10
- Microsoft Office 2016, MS Office 365 support
- Active Directory administration
- Software and Hardware troubleshooting and technical support
- An understanding of basic networking principles
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience using Cisco and Hyper-V are desireable, but not essential.
A good degree of personal organisation and the ability to manage a wide range of tasks simultaneously; backed up by good organisational ability will be required. They will be expected to work well within a team environment and be a good communicator to all levels within our supplier and internal/external customer bases.
A pleasant, outgoing personality and efficient technique / manner is seen as essential. The ability to learn quickly and adapt to change efficiently is also a key requirement.
- Computer Systems
- Customer Support
- Operating Systems
- Active Directory Experience
- IT Support