IT Support Engineer
Role: IT Support / Administration - moving toward DevOps
Location: Stratford upon Avon
Salary: £30k - £40k + benefits
Are you an IT Support Engineer / System Administrator looking for a more technically diverse role? Perhaps you’ve dabbled in a bit of programming and are interested in DevOps as your long term career path but aren’t quite up to that level yet? Here’s an opportunity that could unleash your true potential…
This company is an unbelievably friendly and welcoming place to work. They are looking for a technically minded up and coming engineer to fill the gap between their infrastructure and software development team in Stratford Upon Avon - making sure the two functions are integrated and optimised, and continually looking for ways to improve their systems.
The following are essential skills for this role:
- Working with PowerShell, PHP, Python, C# or Perl (or any other programming language)
- Working with SQL (Sql Server preferred)
- Exposure to Servers (Virtualisation would be great)
Now onto what you will be doing…
- Supporting IT System/Application issues. (2nd Line)
- Moving on to project work and more strategic upgrades
- Cross system viewing, identifying issues across entire technology stack (e.g. Firewall - Network - Server - Code)
- Maintaining and supporting app-level hosting of web & database systems.
- Liaising with 3rd party technology partners
- Taking a leading role on Infrastructure systems/development projects
Ideally you will be someone who has worked in an Application Support / Development or IT operations role who has a broad interest in IT. You will be proactive, passionate and organised, and always eager to learn and gain new technical skills.
Your salary will be between £30k - £40k, including perks such as - excellent benefits (10% bonus, 10% pension, private health etc.)
Please apply for immediate consideration and a guaranteed response.
Rebel is an equal opportunities recruitment company.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job