As a IT Support Engineer, you will become part of a diverse, highly technical support team, where everyone's input is valued. Our office of over 100 Software Engineers & Testers operate within a highly collaborative environment and we like to play each person to their strengths.
You will be on the frontline helping our Playtech BGT Sports office with any technical difficulties, whether it’s service desk support, IT operations or IT service management and also the set-up, configuration and maintenance of a new platform, and the build, testing, deployment and distribution to increase productivity.
Technically, we’re Open Source advocates, always ensuring that we keep our tech stack as cutting edge as possible.
You'll need to be able to:
- Work with Linux, Git, Python and Oracle SQL, to the competence of a degree in Computer Science, or equivalent
- Respond to incoming customer support requests in a professional style
- Log support requests in appropriate Jira, filling in all required fields with appropriate detail
- Triage incoming support problems to establish appropriate issue priority and complexity; escalate urgent issues in a timely manner
- Investigate issues, that fall within the individual's area of competency, to resolve customer or system problems
- Manage personal backlog of issues to ensure that currently assigned tickets are progressed appropriately
- Allocate tickets to appropriate technical staff for resolution where necessary, taking responsibility for overseeing their completion
- Update personal tickets with current status and progress
- Ensure that customers and third parties are kept informed about the status of issues
- Make authorised patches and code deployments
- Complete development tasks that have been allocated to them by their manager
The following would be useful:
- Self-motivation and enthusiasm to hit the ground running: pick up skills and code-base knowledge quickly
- Strong problem solving skills, to apply in rigorous and methodical investigatory work
- Desire to get into performing out of hours support
About Playtech BGT Sports
Playtech Sports specialises in the provision of online betting and gaming software to UK and global service providers. Headquartered in London and founded in 2005, our GenBet product provides operators with a robust and secure central customer management platform onto which any number of products can be added and managed. Sportsbook, Lottery, Pool Betting and Fixed-Odds Games modules allow the operator to tailor their online service whilst a comprehensive back office and reporting suite provides powerful tools for event and market management. Playtech Sports has been a part of Playtech since January 2012, meaning that existing and future customers now benefit from the industry leading GenBet product suite, delivered on Playtech's comprehensive IMS (information management solution).
This is an opportunity for you to join a fun and supportive, fast-paced team, with an emphasis and enthusiasm for technology.
We offer a competitive salary, training, health insurance, life assurance, child care vouchers, season ticket loans, pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, subsidised gym membership, 25 days annual leave and more.
We offer the very best working facilities in our London office which includes chill-out areas containing pool table, and games consoles. Our working atmosphere is creative, relaxed and professional, with a lot of bright people solving a lot of interesting problems.
- Problem Solving
- Resolving Issues
- Linux, Git, Python & Oracle SQL
- Patches & Code Deployments