IT Support Engineer - Poole - £20-26K Negotiable
Are you an experienced IT Service Desk or IT Support Engineer keen to join a very well-established business that will offer excellent career prospects? Do you want to join a skilled IT support team where there will be plenty of variety and responsibility?
As an IT Support Engineer, you will be responsible for minimising impact of faults, provide resolutions to IT issues, execute technical competency, and deliver outstanding customer service to customers with a professional and confident manner in all communications.
The salary for this position is between £20-26,000 p.a. but this could be slightly negotiated depending on experience plus double time for any overtime worked and annual discretionary bonus incentive. They offer an excellent range of benefits including 20 days holiday increasing to 25 plus all bank holidays, pension scheme, life assurance, free independent financial advice, childcare vouchers, free parking, and cycle to work scheme.
IT Support Engineer Requirements:
· Must have commercial experience working on an IT service desk or IT support role
· Able to work in a technical customer facing environment
· Experience of installing, configuring and supporting server-based products and Microsoft Operating Systems
· Able to install and configure LAN/WAN
· Able to add, replace, configure, back-up and restore PC and server hardware
· Excellent timekeeping · Full UK driving license is essential (as travel to other sites may be required occasionally)
· Any experience working for a software company
· SQL skills · Any telephony experience (switch maintainer / Avaya or Cisco environment)
Please note that once proficient and trained, this role may require support outside of working hours and at weekends where necessary. You will be paid double your hourly rate for any overtime which will increase your salary. You may also be required to visit customer sites occasionally so a full driving license and use of a vehicle will be needed.
Working hours: Monday to Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm / 9:30am - 6:00pm (alternating weekly).
Contact Bond Williams IT Recruitment in Bournemouth to discuss this opportunity in further detail.
Keywords: IT Support, Technical Support, IT Helpdesk, Service Desk, 1st Line Support, 2nd Line Support, Hardware Support, Software Support, Networking, Telephony, Avaya, Cisco.
- Hardware Support
- Service Desk
- Technical Support
- IT Support
- 1st Line Support
- 2nd Line Support
- IT Helpdesk
- Software Support