You will provide a support service that ensures all IT equipment and infrastructure is running to its optimum performance and that all departmental Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are met on your site. You will also be running projects across the site, working closely with the business and fellow engineers, to implement changes and/or additions to the site’s technology infrastructure to support changing business and IT requirements.
The extent of your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
· Review, revision and execution of change management requests as required.
· Manage the availability of all IT equipment and infrastructure through continuous improvement and continuously look to improve equipment efficiencies and cost reductions accordingly.
· Perform site audits on technical infrastructure to ensure adherence to latest Amazon IT and Health and Safety Guidelines.
· Act as a point of contact for contractors or external suppliers and clearly communicate technical issues and Amazon standards.
· Carry out ad-Hoc requests as and when required, supporting a wide customer base.
· Continuously be focused on your customers, delivering an outstanding level of service.
· Coordinate asset and Inventory management including checks / audits in line with standards and processes including Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) processes with suppliers.
· Interact with suppliers, request quotes and purchase equipment in accordance with policies, budgets and operational demand.
· Represent the IT department in site meetings / conference calls.
· Produce weekly reports covering metrics and work performed.
· Contribute to sites on call schedule.
· Provide mentoring and training to technicians and other engineers and act as the technical contact for remote support teams as and when required.
Please note: The position will involve some physical labour. IT Support Engineers execute physical work e.g. working in confined spaces (possibly under the 48-inch crawl space or inside air handlers); lifting up to 40 kg; site cleanliness and maintenance work; accessing elevated spaces (working at height). This position will require 25% travel.
· MS Windows System Support experience.
· A background in Networking - LAN / WAN and Wireless.
· Holds a detailed understanding of core internet technologies - Routing and Switching, DNS, DHCP, mail transport, OSI Model.
· Telecom knowledge including VOIP / SIP and mobile technologies advantageous.
· Project management abilities and technical task execution experience.
· Strong analytical skills with proven problem-solving ability.
· Proven ability to operate in high-pressure situations, successfully handle multiple competing priorities and possess a high level of discipline while displaying a high degree of flexibility and professionalism.
· Experience of data cabling / Computer Facilities knowledge.
· Full Driving license
· Vendor certification of the following would be beneficial: Linux/Unix System Support, MS Windows System Support, Cisco knowledge - LAN / WAN and Wireless.
· Telecom knowledge including VOIP / SIP and mobile technologies.
· IT / ICT further education qualification.
· Help Desk / Technical support management experience.
· Ability to develop the skills needed to support specific Fulfilment Centre Automated Systems.
About our rewards
We’ll expect you to go the extra mile, but we’ll also make sure you’re well rewarded. As well as a competitive salary, stock units and site performance-related pay potential, we offer a whole host of other benefits, including an employee discount.
Additionally, you will find yourself in a stimulating environment where you can develop processes as well as yourself as an individual by working with some of the best and brightest minds in the industry. Our rapidly growing organisation also offers many opportunities for building a diverse and rewarding career.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' worldwide recruitment database and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job