IT Support Engineer (2nd to 3rd Line)
Ideally this role would suit candidates currentlyin a B2B IT support role who are looking for career advancement from 2nd to 3rd line.
This role is based between Chester & Wrexham with easy travel to the office.
Our client is a successful, well established and respected supplier of IT systems and support to businesses in North Wales, North West England and beyond. They partner with leading vendors such as Microsoft, VMware, Sage, Dell, HP and many others whose products are integrated into high performance solutions for our wide ranging client base.
First and foremost the successful IT Systems Engineer who joins the company must share our clients Core Values which include:-
• Honesty and integrity
• True commitment to excellent customer service (going the extra mile)
• Excited by technology and creating efficient solutions to both clients’ and colleagues’ problems
• Pride and ownership in exceeding expectations
You must be able to contribute to the success of the Systems Engineering team whilst taking responsibility for your own work, which must be carried out within the framework of company guidelines and professional best practice.
You must be a great communicator, both face to face and in writing - must be literate and numerate and well organised with good time management skills.
IT Support Engineer
The role of the IT Systems Engineer will predominately office based, supporting clients IT systems through remote access technologies, however there will be client facing duties from time to time for installations or pre-sales support.
Systems Engineer duties will include:
• Working within a team of 3rd line engineers, providing ICT service call management and third line support. To manage the more complex escalated support requests from 2nd line support through to resolution.
• Troubleshooting and resolving high level customer technical problems whilst updating the call management system.
• Installation of new solutions and software at customer premises.
• Supporting the sales team in solution design.
IT Support Engineer Requirements:
• Holding a current Microsoft accreditation, or other relevant vendor accreditation, as a minimum the ideal candidate will be experienced in some of the following areas:
• MS Active Directory,
• Windows Server (up to and including latest version)
• Microsoft Exchange
• Server Virtualisation (Hyper-V / VMware)
• LAN/WAN (routers, switches)
• Backup and DR Solutions
• Server Hardware
• Storage Infrastructure
Key words: 'IT', 'IT Support', 'Engineering', 'Engineer', Microsoft, Echange, Server,
Please apply for this role if you have experience in, or work as: Systems Engineer, IT Support, Software Engineer, Software Support
Salary £28k to £31k (Negotiable) plus benefits discussed at interview