My client is looking for a candidate to support the IT Manager in all facets of IT across the company and its ancillary businesses, both here in the UK and abroad.
Working within a successful IT Department, the IT Support Assistant will be responsible for the smooth running of computer systems and applications and support in the development of IT projects working closely with the IT Manager. Individual tasks include:
- Providing support to staff, including User Guide documentation and relevant reports
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks
- Managing IT Asset database
- Working with our suppliers to help troubleshoot system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults
- Talking staff through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the telephone, to help set up systems or resolve issues
- Supporting the roll-out of new applications and systems
- Setting up new users' accounts and profiles and dealing with password issues on network, Office 365
- To support the IT Manager in the deployment of GDPR into the business
- Knowledge of MS Office 365 Applications including One drive
- Experience with Windows 7, 8 & 10, Windows Server 2016, Mac OSX
- Understanding of workstation hardware, including installing PCs and printers
- Active Directory Basics
- Disk Encryption
- Basic Networking principles TCP/IP
- Firewall Experience
- Knowledge and understanding of GDPR
- Mobile Device Configuration
- VPN Experience
- Basic understanding of Anti-Virus software/Anti-Spam solutions
- RDP or Remote access experience
It is the nature of the work that tasks and responsibilities are, in many circumstances, unpredictable and varied. All staff are, therefore, expected to work in a flexible way when the occasion arises where tasks which are not specifically covered in the Job Description have to be undertaken. The job description is not exhaustive and may be adjusted periodically to reflect the on-going changes in the business.
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.