Do you have:
WILLINGNESS TO LEARN?
ABILITY TO TAKE FEEDBACK?
PROPENSITY TO TAKE ACTION?
We call this #EEWAP, and if you are full of #EEWAP then an apprenticeship with Tech City Stars could be PERFECT for you!
WHAT DOES THIS JOB INVOLVE?
Working as part of a close-knit internal IT team as 1st line Support Supporting around 90 users in our London office but may be required to our additional regional offices.
As you are supporting a large number of users, it is vital to have excellent communications skills and be able to converse with people at all levels in providing support in a busy and demanding environment. This Would be an ideal someone with some experience in a 1st line support role looking for their next challenge.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
- Providing 1st Line IT service and technical support to internal staff, visitors & partners.
- The daily running of all aspects of IT, networking, and infrastructure. Ownership of jobs assigned and keeping our customers up to date.
- Additional responsibilities to produce reports, specs, plans, testing, defining and contribute to the Information Systems road map delivery.
WHAT DO I NEED TO BE GOOD AT?
Our client would be particularly interested in candidates with;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Skills in problem solving, organisation and planning
- IT Literate; proficient with Microsoft office applications proficiency, especially Word & Excel
- Minimum GCSE Grade of C in Maths and English
All you need is EEWAP - Energy, Enthusiasm, Willingness to Learn, Ability to Take Feedback and Propensity to Take Action.
You’ll also need to pass a face to face screening interview with our Employer Partnerships team (don’t worry, we’re a friendly bunch) and sit initial assessments in Maths and English.
Technical Capabilities and Experience for This Role
- Experience of providing support at 1st line level in fast-paced and dynamic hybrid environments.
- End-user support of Windows 7 to 10 and OSX devices.
- Basic understanding of PC Hardware setup and configuration.
- Experience of installing and removing software from computers.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office including excel and word.
- Proficient and accurate typing.
Behavioral Competencies for This Role
- Ability to work in a proactive and logical manner thought issues and projects.
- Must have the want to learn new skills and technologies.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills.
- The ability to take ownership and deliver results in challenging, client-facing environments.
- A passion and desire to share ideas with a creative and flexible attitude
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent problem solving and multi-tasking skills,
- Good customer handling skills
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
There’s tons of information on Tech City Stars, our qualifications and our process for helping young people to kickstart their careers on our website - www.techcitystars.co
ABOUT TECH CITY STARS
Tech City Stars helps talented young people to start their careers through exciting apprenticeships with a focus on digital skills. Apprentices can choose from one of our three advanced apprenticeship pathways - Digital Marketing, IT Support & Networks and Web & Software Development. Once you’ve applied, we’ll work with you to understand which pathway is the best fit for your skills, personality and interests and then we’ll introduce you to employers looking for apprentices in that pathway.
Every week, Tech City Stars puts on an awesome event where employers come to meet a group of young people who are full of #EEWAP and who are looking for apprenticeships. The event lasts a full day, and every candidate gets the opportunity to meet and impress a group of awesome businesspeople who are looking to hire apprentices. After the event, employers invite successful candidates to work trials in their offices, and if that goes well - hey presto - YOU’RE AN APPRENTICE!
- Computer Hardware
- Customer Service