Our Passion: Changing people’s lives, one head at a time.
Our Mission: To change the way that people relate to their money and free them to enjoy their lives and focus on what’s really important.
The founder and visionary has created and built the unique #planhappy process, which delivers life-changing results coupled with comfort and peace of mind. We work primarily with ordinary folk at or approaching retirement, coaching them through the life and money decisions that they face. We’ve noticed that we’re missing something, and we’ve identified a need for an awesome individual to join our operations support team to support the IT needs of the business. Our operations support team works in the background to ensure all the back-office functions are running smoothly and are supporting the business’ needs on a daily basis. You will be reporting to the Head of Finance alongside Finance and HR departments and working closely with IT Development Manager regarding the future of company’s IT systems and structures. You’ll be responsible for development, running and maintenance of the IT Support function. It is a stand alone position where you will have accountability for the present and future IT support and systems development for the whole company making sure that it is well equipped to undertake future plans and deal with challenges it brings. You will also have some involvement in procurement and facilities responsibilities as required. Although this is not a client facing role we would prefer individuals who are comfortable in such a setting, as some client interaction could be necessary in the future. You would also be comfortable with coaching, helping your colleagues and developing relationships with various suppliers. The role would suit an individual with an inquisitive personality that is able to solve problems on their own and manage their own time and priorities. We’re looking for a person that has been in a similar position previously, being able to look strategically at the direction of the business and propose new technologies and solutions as well as being able to implement them. This individual would know how to undertake IT software, hardware and systems reviews and propose replacement strategies, but also is not afraid to put in place proposed solutions.
Interested? Do the checklist…
o Do you have the drive to develop and maintain world class IT Support function?
o Have you got the experience as 3rd line IT Support Manager and a project leader?
o Are you able to think strategically of where do you need to take the business in terms of technology to fulfil it’s service promises to the clients?
o Are you able to solve the IT issues and then implement the solutions on your own?
o Can you dig in and get to the nub of the problem and then help to solve it?
o Are you a team player with excellent interpersonal skills that can collaborate with colleagues and suppliers at all levels of the organization?
o Can you prioritize, organize and time manage your day efficiently?
o Are you able to work autonomously and keep yourself up to date with latest technology developments?
o Do you love being accountable and taking the responsibility for your work and the whole function?
o Do you do what you say you are going to do?
o Are you a nice person and you are trustworthy?
o Do our Core Values resonate with you? Do you live them in both your personal and professional life?
o Do you tell it like it is, deal with the tough questions and get stuff done?
Ticked them all? Then read on……
- Complete responsibility for IT Support function including future development projects and problem solving
- Previous IT support experience required in 1st - 3rd line IT Support in both BAU and project work
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualifications required (including, ideally, MCSE qualifications)
- Being able to keep up to date with new technological advancements and developments
- Being able to learn and be flexible about different set ups that a company might require in the future
- Involvement in procurement and facilities functions and activities including supplier relationship management
- Recording and documenting processes, systems, structures, issues, risks and solutions
- Reporting, responding to and monitoring incidents and requests logged by IT end users
- Support and maintenance of telephony (VOIP) and networked printers
- Ensure data protection compliance of IT function and compliance with hardware and software standards
- Other operations support activities as required
Required knowledge to manage and support the current systems in place
- Microsoft Azure data back up - set up, configuration, and on-going administration
- Microsoft servers (2012) and Hyper-V including patching and windows 10 operating systems
- Physical server operation and security protocols
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Sharepoint and Office 365
- Experience with antivirus tools and firewall technologies (Virtual PF)
- User administration and error fixing in Microsoft Active Directory and other cloud technologies
- Network management tools and protocols (wired and wireless), software and hardware diagnostics
- Test and develop resolution plans for technical problems, communicating needs to internal clients
- Monitor and log all user communications, requests and document changes
- Networked printers support (Xerox all in one print, scan and copy)
- Data protection legislation and it’s impact on the organization in terms of IT function
What We’re Offering
o A very competitive salary including bonus scheme and generous benefits package
o Get out of bed every day and work with nice people doing a great job working with nice clients in a nice place.
o Be a part of something unique and special that adds value to the world.
o Have a job in a company that supports and champions the human outcome for the team and our clients.
- Line Support
- Microsoft Office
- Network Infrastructure
- Windows Server